Kent are looking for outstanding candidates to join our Offshore Wind structural design and analysis team within our Engineering and Consulting Services business. We are looking for junior candidates of all levels from Graduate Engineer to Engineer. We are actively recruiting across all of our UK offices (Aberdeen, Bristol, Edinburgh, Epsom, London) and are open to the successful candidate's preferred location.
As a member of our team, you will support the winning and delivery of our global portfolio of projects through various levels of development (conceptual, FEED and detailed design projects) for major offshore wind assets, together with developing innovative solutions for repair and upgrades.This position provides the opportunity for a passionate individual to contribute to the growing renewables sector, actively helping to combat climate change.The Role
In your role, you will be carrying out or supporting the design and analysis of offshore structures. The role will allow you to develop technical and project skills through targeted training, on the job experience, mentoring and continual professional development.You will require some experience (for roles other than graduate level) of structural design and analysis, with either a civil, mechanical, or structural engineering background. This can be both on the job experience, as well as suitable university experience. The ideal candidate will have experience relevant to fixed and/or floating offshore structures, such as offshore wind turbine substructures and offshore oil & gas structures, although this is not a prerequisite. An understanding of relevant structural concepts, behaviours, loads, etc. will be an advantage, although there will be opportunity to develop this experience for the right candidate.Experience of working in accordance with engineering design codes and standards would benefit the role, with the ideal candidate showing the ability to establish robust solutions working from first principles based on a strong theoretical understanding. Reporting skills and a strong attention to detail with a commitment to quality control and assurance are essential.Kent is a fast paced, innovative, and exciting environment to develop your career, that offers excellent opportunity to work on cutting edge offshore wind projects around the globe with exciting opportunities for technical and personal development. The right individual will play a key part in maintaining our best-in-class reputation and be part of an integrated team.Traditionally, our capability has been UK-centric; however, in recent years we have secured a global presence in France, Germany, Taiwan, China, Japan, Ireland and the US. The ever-changing conditions of Offshore Wind Industry means we need individuals who can adapt, change and thrive when working in dynamic environments. Our global opportunities and innovation initiatives will allow you to excel and build upon your strengths as we continue our growth into existing and exciting emerging markets.
Our Engineering and Consulting Services business is delivering engineering, design and consultancy solutions to the renewables, low carbon and oil and gas sectors all over the world. Although your role will focus on the offshore wind market, you may also be called upon to support projects in other markets, such as supporting our industry-leading work in the structural integrity management of offshore oil and gas structures.The Person
- You enjoy new challenges and are keen to learn, whilst also wanting to support others within our diverse multi-disciplinary teams.
- You enjoy working on multiple fast-paced projects, balancing the need for high quality design and analysis with the need to deliver within required time and cost budgets.
- You will also have a range of the following desirable experience and attributes.
- Engineering degree, honours or equivalent in civil, mechanical, or structural engineering, naval architecture or similar.
- Demonstrable experience or university background in a relevant area of structural design or analysis.
- Ability to quickly understand and implement new areas of technical knowledge.
- An inquisitive attitude, and the drive to seek out and progress areas for improvement.
- Adaptability, and the ability to effectively manage and prioritise multiple demands.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a proven ability to write accurate, detailed, and concise technical reports ( design substantiations, bases of analysis and calculations).
- Ability to effectively engage with, and work as part of, a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- We support flexible working arrangements and can discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. This role can be considered on a part-time or full-time basis.
- Travel to other company and client sites may occasionally be necessary as part of the role.
- Successful candidates may be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a cover letter briefly outlining your background and why you'd be a good candidate for this role.We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from a range of backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.