Lead Grid Engineer - Renewable Energy
Salary up to £90,000 Depending on Experience
Edinburgh - Hybrid Working
Astute are working with a leading Developer and Asset Manager in the Renewable Energy industry, who are looking for a Lead Grid Engineer to join their growing team based out of Edinburgh. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience working on Solar/Wind Farm projects from a UK Grid Connection perspective.
Roles & Responsibilities
As Lead Grid Engineer you will be responsible for:
·Supporting with selection of any new sites, setting up and leading calls (pre-application) with the distribution and transmission network operators and preparing relevant documentation for application, reviewing offers, and offering technical guidance to ensure projects are technically and commercially strong.
·Liaise constantly with the Business Development and Project Management teams to ensure all engineering aspects are reported during the development phases.
·Establish and enhance grid associated financial modelling inputs on existing and upcoming projects.
·Provide support on project tendering, document review and present feedback at the concept design, detailed design, and construction phases to ensure effective project completion.
·Create documentation for ICP tender for each connection type and support in the evaluation of ICP tender bids.
·Observe testing activities during construction phase. Evaluate plant operations and work proactively with distribution and/ or transmission network operators to solve problems whilst ensuring compliance and Grid Code requirements are met.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
· Experience of working on renewable development projects.
· Degree or Equivalent qualification in Electrical/Energy Engineering.
· Strong knowledge on electricity grid planning/operations and the UK Grid Code.
· Good understanding of HV electrical equipment, control systems, SCADA, protection, and metering.
· Skilled on the DNO/ICP process for embedded generator connections in the UK.
· Knowledge of electrical design of solar PV plants and grid connection practices.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
· Up to £90,000 depending on experience.
· Up to 15% Bonus
· Hybrid working - 3 days in office (must live within a commutable distance to Edinburgh)
· Company benefits including Pension scheme, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work, Gym Discounts.
How to apply?
Apply to this vacancy here or send a copy of your up-to-date CV and covering letter to (url removed) or call (phone number removed) to speak to Melanie Noble who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful