A Design and Project Engineer is needed to support the Subsequent License Renewal (SLR) effort at North Anna Power Station with a mechanical or a civil/structural engineering background. Scope of support includes assignment to medium to large capital projects through engineering, procurement, contract management, planning, construction, and closeout. SLR projects perform major modifications, replacements, and upgrades to existing nuclear power plant structures, systems, and components to provide for the continued safe and efficient operation of North Anna Power Station through 80 years of power generation. This position will be filled at the Eng II or III level commensurate with the successful candidate's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Serve as a proficient member of a multi-discipline team that is preparing, reviewing, and providing project and technical input to engineering design changes, specifications, calculations, analysis, research, supplier documents, and contract documents.
• Schedules and coordinates major engineering segments of complex projects to meet long range design development schedule objectives.
• Engages with Engineering Vendors, Corporate Engineering, Station Stakeholders, Manufacturing Vendors, and implementing personnel throughout all design phases.
• Under direction of an SLR Engineering Supervisor, works independently to plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• May be required to apply intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to major projects that have significant impact on the SLR programs in varied areas and related fields.
• Devises new approaches to problems encountered and develops engineering criteria ensuring compliance with design criteria and standards.
• At higher levels of proficiency within this classification, incumbents are expected to provide technical expertise and/or team leadership as needed.
• Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require investigation of a limited number of variables.
• May serve as a technical expert on engineering related legal and regulatory issues to outside entities.
• Demonstrated ability to provide oversight and guidance to Engineering Vendors and Manufacturing Vendors to ensure the best quality product and most cost-effective solution that’s in the best interest of Dominion Energy.
• May require travel to vendor facilities for meetings, testing or oversight or industry meetings.
• Perform other duties as requested or assigned.