SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER (Full Time - 37 Hours / week) Wakefield
Due to a healthy forward workload, we are currently looking to appoint a Senior Structural Engineer to join our Clients' Wakefield Office.
The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the UK's leading private Engineering Consultancies working for clients on a variety of projects spanning commercial, retail, and residential sectors. SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Technical lead on projects large and small.
- Liaise with and lead other members of the design team to achieve a coordinated design solution that meets the Clients objectives.
- Structural engineering assessment and inspection of new and existing properties in steel, concrete, masonry and timber.
- Undertake analysis and design using a range of software packages including Tekla Structural Designer and Fastrak Building Designer.
- Ensure that quality and consistency of technical output (drawings, reports etc.) is maintained.
- Prepare high quality technical reports including structural surveys.
- Bachelor's or Masters' Degree in Structural Engineering
- Chartered or near Chartered status (MICE or MIStructE).
- Varied experience in all the common forms of construction and building types.
- Experience in the use of Eurocodes.
- Excellent report writing, communication and numerical skills required.
- Experience of structural analysis design and software essential.
- Full clean driving license
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and has a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package. What To Do Next
If you are interested in this Senior Structural Engineer opportunity in Wakefield, please click on the link to apply.
If you are interested in hearing about other roles in Civil or Structural Engineering, then please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now at or call . We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.