Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Apply now Job DescriptionDo you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
The focus of this important and varied role is to provide leadership for the technical delivery of geotechnical design, supporting the Built Environment, Transport, Water and other Sectors.
Key elements of the role include:
- Involvement in the development and growth of regional team
- Assist in the management of geotechnical design teams
- Undertake the design of specialist geotechnical structures
- Management of project teams and budgets
- Promote technical excellence
- Supervision and mentoring of graduates
- Business development, helping to develop Client relationships
Mott MacDonalds Ground Engineering Divisional Team in Wales, Midlands and South West of England is enjoying an exciting period of growth thanks to excellent technical performance, framework wins and close client relationships in private and public sectors.
This is exciting opportunity for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to join our growing team, you will join a 50 strong divisional team of geologists, geotechnical engineers, soil scientists and contaminated land specialists.Candidate SpecificationRequired for the position of Senior Geotechnical Engineer:
- BSc(Hons) in Geology or Civil Engineering
- MSc or higher in Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology
- Chartered with the Geological Society or ICE
- Experienced in the design of geotechnical structures and the use of design software such as Plaxis, Slope W and Repute
- Track record of managing design teams and client facing project management
We want to recruit a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve. We appreciate differences in ability, skills and experience are a strength. If youre interested in the role and meet most of the criteria, please apply and we will consider your application.Job ProfileAbout the business unit
The Buildings and Cities Unit (BNC) has a major presence in Mott MacDonald's regional offices throughout the UK and mainland Europe, providing a wide range of diverse and transferable cross-sector skills across five key Sectors; Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation and Water. We also provide local services to customers and technical leadership to the rest of the Group in these sectors. #LI-PM1How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
Other InformationEquality, diversity and inclusion
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working because life isnt 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at and we will talk to you about how we can assist. Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust. More about Mott MacDonald
Were a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each persons differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence Back to Search Apply now