Apply now Job DescriptionAbout the role
The Energy Unit, specifically the Power, Process & Nuclear division are recruiting for Civil Engineers to join our growing team where youll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects ranging from defence to nuclear new build. This role is to support the client locally as well as the larger nuclear team based in the UK.What the job will look like
Candidate SpecificationAbout you
- Undertake civil and structural inspections of energy infrastructure and prepare, in English, detailed inspection reports
- Responsible for all stages of project evolution from concept to detailed design work including use of appropriate design and analysis software packages
- Offer a consultative approach to clients to ensure best solution is offered to meet their needs
- Liaise with engineers from within Mott MacDonald and external stakeholders from different disciplines in the development of multi-disciplinary infrastructure solutions.
- Ensure client satisfaction, pursue and promote opportunities with clients
- Develop, maintain and monitor programmes for scheduling and reporting on deliverables across specific projects
- Demonstrate technical expertise, providing in depth knowledge and leadership to the expected level of experience
- Design of engineering works in reinforced concrete and structural steelwork
- Prepare, in English, specifications and minimum functional specifications for the civil/structural engineering aspects of energy projects
- Assist with project management, control and administration as appropriate to the level of experience
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK and obtain Security Clearance.Job ProfileAbout us
- Ideally you will be a chartered engineer, or working towards it, with experience working in the nuclear sector although candidates with other industry experience will be considered
- Experience of working with BIM software would be an advantage
- Strong communication skills are a must as youll be expected to interact with other disciplines and clients on a daily basis.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, were helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
The Energy unit delivers services to clients globally across a number of sectors including hydropower, nuclear, defence, waste, renewable generation and transmission & distribution networks. Together we provide integrated engineering and project management services across the project lifecycle from concept and design, to construction and operations, to decommissioning or repowering and life extension. Together with our clients, were helping to deliver the energy transition globally.Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated?inclusive recruitment?page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at and we will talk to you about how we can assist. Flexible working
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage. Benefits
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
#LI-NC1 Back to Search Apply now