Apply now Job DescriptionDo you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
The focus of this important, challenging and varied role is to provide technical delivery of geotechnical design, supporting the Built Environment, Transport, Water and other Sectors. Key elements of the role include:
- Delivery of high profile ground engineering projects across Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland
- Opportunities to work on major projects such as HS2
- Design and management of ground investigations
- Design of ground investigations and specialist geotechnical structures
- Management of project teams and budgets
- Promoting technical excellence
- Supervision and mentoring of graduates and apprentices
- Business development, bids and proposals
Our Ground Engineering Divisional Team in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland is enjoying an exciting period of growth. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our 20 strong team of geotechnical engineers, geologists and contaminated land specialists.Candidate SpecificationIf you have the right attitude and attributes, we want to talk to you. Ideally, you are going to have or be
- BEng (Hons) in Civil Engineering or BSc (Hons) in Geology (or equivalent honours degree)
- MSc or higher in Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology
- Chartered, or approaching CEng status with a recognised institution, such as ICE, GSL, IMMM, CIHT
- Broad knowledge and understanding of civil and geotechnical engineering with practical experience of site works (such as ground investigations, earthworks, construction works)
- Experienced in the design of geotechnical structures and the use of design software, such as Slope W, Repute, Plaxis, and Holebase
- Track record of managing delivery of geotechnical projects
We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements listed above but if you meet some and not all please still apply, you might have skills we didnt know we needed.
If you meet 80% or more of what were looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didnt know we need.Job Profile
The team comprises around twenty staff delivering projects from our offices in Scotland and Ireland. Due to a strong project portfolio, including HS2, we are seeking experienced geotechnical engineers to expand the team and delivering high-profile projects.We are passionate about our role as engineers in achieving climate resilience, next-zero, and positive social outcomes in all the work we do. The role will be demanding, varied and offer fantastic opportunities for skill set and career development. Get in touch and find out where a career with Mott MacDonald could take youAbout the business unit
The Buildings and Cities Unit (BNC) has a major presence in Mott MacDonald's regional offices throughout the UK and mainland Europe, providing a wide range of diverse and transferable cross-sector skills across five key Sectors; Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation and Water. We also provide local services to customers and technical leadership to the rest of the Group in these sectors. #LI-PM1How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working because life isnt 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
#LI-CR1Other InformationEquality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.More about Mott MacDonald
Were a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each persons differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence Back to Search Apply now