Civil Engineer - Project Leader
Apply now Job Description
Mott Macdonald Bentley Construction (MMBC) is the design and build unit of global engineering consultancy Mott Macdonald. We need a Civil Engineer Project Leader to support us deliver work for the UKs largest water company, Thames Water.
We believe the best engineering projects are delivered by engineers, so we combine the traditional Project Manager and Civil Engineer roles into a single, Project Leader role.
- Lead the design of water and wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects through the outline and detailed design, construction, commissioning, and handover.
- Be responsible for the civil design of your project including, but not limited to, hydraulic analysis of gravity and pressure systems, design of reinforced concrete slabs, crane pads, and thrust blocks.
- Coordinate the project team comprising Electrical, Mechanical and Process designers and ensure designs are completed on programme, within budget, and to the quality defined by Thames Water specifications.
- Work as part of a Project triangle alongside a Site Manager and Quantity Surveyor.
- Build positive relationships with the Thames Water Technical Assurance team and promote a 'one-team' approach.
- Support and mentor less experienced members of the team.
- Occasionally visit sites across the Thames Valley Region (costs incurred are recoverable).
What we will give you:
- ICE-accredited degree in Civil Engineering.
- Chartered or Incorporated member of the ICE or demonstratable progress made in attaining the ICE attributes.
- Outline and detailed design experience of water or wastewater projects.
- Knowledge of the Designer or Principal Designer duties under CDM 2015.
- An agile working arrangement that provides you flexibility whilst ensuring effective project delivery.
- Opportunities to develop your practical application of civil engineering, commercial acumen, management skills and health, safety, and sustainability leadership.
- A secure multi-million programme of work and the opportunity to see your designs built.
Job ProfileOther informationThis is a Mott MacDonald Bentley role, employed by Mott MacDonald.
- Competitive salary and 7% pension match.
- Annual bonus based on company performance.
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional leave.
- Paid professional institution annual fee.
- Life insurance.
- Enhanced parental leave.
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & interest-free season ticket loans.
Mott MacDonald Bentley is a joint venture business, established in 1999 between civil engineering contractor JN Bentley and global management consultancy, Mott MacDonald.
Mott MacDonald Bentley offers fully integrated design and build services to its clients, combining the contracting expertise of JN Bentley and the design specialisms of Mott MacDonald.
This role is employed by Mott MacDonald but will involve working across the joint venture business, both with Mott MacDonald and JN Bentley colleagues.About Mott MacDonald
Mott MacDonald is a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each persons differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence.Equality, diversity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. We promote an open and transparent culture and a workplace where everyone feels included and is treated fairly and with respect.Agile working
We are committed to providing a flexible and agile working environment that supports both our employees and the needs of the business. ? Back to Search Apply now