We have been working in the marine sector for over 30 years, Intertek Energy and Water, has established a record of excellence in delivering a diverse range of offshore energy projects along with associated permitting and consenting, interconnectors and carbon management. As a company our services have evolved, and continue to do so, providing our clients with the best solutions, delivered with the environment at their core.
Due to continued growth, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Marine Geotechnical Engineer to join our team to support the delivery of subsea cable and offshore renewables projects on behalf of Intertek's clients, with an emphasis on subsea survey, cable installation, planning and design, risk assessment and project management. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in marine geotechnical engineering, including experience in conducting geotechnical investigations, soil sampling and testing, and interpretation of soil data. The candidate will also be experienced in conducting geohazard assessments and providing recommendations for trenching and construction in marine environments. The role provides excellent opportunities to work on a number of exciting, cutting-edge, varied and multiple projects. Our team of experienced professionals is committed to providing innovative and sustainable solutions that meet the unique needs of our clients.
Ideally, the candidate would be available for hybrid working from our office in Liphook, but we also have options for flexible working - we won't let location be a barrier. Responsibilities
We are looking for somebody with an inquisitive mind who is enthused by the prospect of building scientific arguments to address complex real-world challenges. You should enjoy liaising directly with clients, contractors and regulators and have the desire to manage work packages or projects. You should also enjoy working in a cohesive team with other motivated individuals and be excited by the prospect of developing practical and quantified leading-edge solutions.
Required skills and experience
- Review geotechnical investigations results, including seabed mapping, soil sampling, and testing, using various methods and techniques
- Interpret soil data and provide recommendations for cable trenching and offshore construction
- Conduct geohazard assessments and develop risk management plans for offshore structures
- Prepare technical reports and deliver presentations to clients
- Provide technical expertise and support to other members of the team
Additional desirable skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in marine geotechnical engineering
- Knowledge of geohazard assessments and risk management plans for offshore construction
- Experience within the geotechnical survey industry or experience in design and installation of subsea infrastructure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing
- Familiarity with Health, Safety and Environmental requirements for offshore projects
- Adaptable and flexible approach to varied and multiple project requirements
What We Offer:
- Offshore Renewable Energy, Pipeline or Cable project experience
- Technical understanding in one or more of the following: marine survey techniques, design and installation of offshore infrastructure, subsea technology
- Experience in large-scale data processing, interpretation and visualization
- Technical proficiency in GIS, CAD and industry standard processing and software packages
- Industry recognised health & safety management qualification e.g. IOSH/NEBOSH
- Marine survival and offshore medical certification
- Fluency in a second language
Join Intertek and become part of our global network of inspiring and entrepreneurial colleagues. We are a global family that values diversity and we thrive working together with precision, pace and passion. We are working to make the world Ever Better, ensuring the quality, safety and sustainability of products and services used by millions of people around the world.
- Competitive salary/benefits
- Development and career opportunities around the Globe
- Working in a highly motivated team and dynamic working environment
In this opportunity, you'll be joining our Energy and Water team based in Liphook.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who do not discriminate against applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex or national origin.
Intertek operates a preferred supplier arrangement and we do not accept unsolicited approaches from agencies.Due to continued growth, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Marine Geotechnical Engineer to join our team to support the delivery of subsea cable and offshore renewables projects on behalf of Intertek's clients, with an emphasis on subsea survey, cable installation, planning and design, risk assessment and project management.