This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious team player to join our expanding Geotechnical Engineering team in Edinburgh or Glasgow
. The Geotechnical Engineering team provide a wide range of geotechnical design services across all project stages including feasibility studies, ground investigations, geotechnical interpretation, preliminary and detailed design, and construction supervision for geotechnical works. As part of the team in Scotland you will also contribute to and support the strategic growth within the renewables infrastructure market across Scotland and supporting the multi-disciplinary Northern Ireland business within RPS. About RPS:
We're RPS, our projects are all around you. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Our people are our success. We need people who share our passion on solving the problems that matter. Here you'll find work that is challenging and rewarding, and you'll be supported every step of the way. What you'll be doing:
Who we're looking for:
- Working with a high degree of independence candidates will have day to day responsibility for their allocated tasks, ensuring technical quality and adherence to allocated budget and programme
- Support to the Senior team members in project delivery, work winning and maintaining high levels of client satisfaction
- Active input to team and client meetings, being prepared to explain decisions and put forward alternative ideas and concepts
- Assisting with preparation of fee proposals and proposals for internal and external clients.
- Preparing, a wide range of technical documents including Desk Studies, Interpretative reports, specifications, construction drawings and Design reports
- Undertaking site inspections/supervision to confirm compliance with the Specification for the works
What's in it for you?
- BEng/MEng in Civil Engineering or BSc/MSc in Engineering Geology or Earth Science.
- Membership of appropriate body (i.e. Institution of Civil Engineers/Geological Society) and working towards chartered status
- Experience of working within a geotechnical consultancy/Contractor in the UK
- Relevant experience, knowledge and skills of geotechnical engineering/geology principals and practice including planning and supervising ground investigations, undertaking geotechnical reporting, completing geotechnical design analysis and reports, and preparation of contract drawings, specifications and schedules in compliance with UK and standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write clear and concise technical reports and documents.
- Strong analytical skills and possess strong problem solving and inter-personal skills, working closely and collaboratively with colleagues and clients in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and organise workload to ensure project timescales are met
- Full driving licence. Candidates should be willing to travel within the UK & Ireland.
We're an accredited training provider - from entry level to master's degree level professional qualifications in leadership & management and executive coaching & mentoring, we support learning and development for everyone.
A personal development plan and a transparent career pathway puts you in the driving seat of your career and you'll be supported as far as you want to go.
We encourage and value different ideas, perspectives, and styles of thinking. We need a mix of experiences and skills to develop the most innovative ideas. We respect one another and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. You'll be joining a diverse community and a company that puts its people first and prioritises their wellbeing.
We understand the need to work flexibly, with agile offices and hybrid working offered as standard, we're happy to talk about flexible working. This is a workplace that works for you.
A career here is far from ordinary. Here you're not a number, you're part of the solution.
#LI-RM1 #HYBRID #LI-REMOTE