We have an opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our clients growing civil and structural engineering team in Manchester City Centre.
The Manchester civil engineering team work on challenging, high profile projects with both internal and external architects, engineers and designers across the North. Their projects include the provision of civil engineering designs associated with building developments and public realm projects, from the early masterplanning stage through to delivery of solutions on site, highway infrastructure projects and civil engineering masterplanning including flood risk.
This role represents a key position within the civil engineering team, with the successful candidate assisting in the development and growth of the team.About the role
The role will include, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Design of projects from the concept stage through to the construction stage
- Preparing and reviewing technical reports and specifications
- Complying with Health and Safety and CDM Regulations
- Support in the management and development of team members
- Development of client relationships
- Developing good relationships with professions and external consultants
You will have proven experience in a similar design consultancy, with demonstrable knowledge of varied infrastructure design skills (drainage and public realm). Excellent technical aptitude is essential, experience of working within a BIM environment and on site is desirable. You have diverse and in depth knowledge of sustainable drainage design which supplemented with use of various civil engineering software.
You will have relevant experience and good knowledge of the following areas of civil engineering design:
- Drainage schemes associated with buildings, highways, public realm and landscape projects
- Highway and pavement design associated with building projects
- Undertaking of designs for section 38, 278 and 104 agreements
- Ground modelling
- Assessment and management of flood risk, and reducing flood risk
- Report writing
You will have a good knowledge of civil engineering construction principles and standards, and will confident in your knowledge of relevant design standards and legislation.
You will also have strong practical knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroDrainage and used Civil 3D for ground modelling, road and drainage design.Your personal skills
- Highly motivated and passionate about delivering projects to time, budget and quality
- Organised and methodical with particular attention to detail
- Ableto prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Hasa pragmatic approach and possess strong problem solving techniques
- Commercially aware
- Has strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships at all levels with clients and employees alike and across all professional disciplines
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with an ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
Our clients offers an excellent opportunity for your personal and career development as well as an attractive salary package that includes a competitive salary, flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, and contribution towards professional subscriptions.
The offices are prime located by the waterside at Piccadilly Basin, near the Northern Quarter and close to Piccadilly station and central Manchester transport links.
If you are a Senior Civil Engineer and want to join a team of professionals then please call me 01565 745994 now or email your CV to