Principal Civil Engineer Rate: Circa £70 per hr Inside IR35 Hybrid working: Remote 3 days, 2 days in London office Contract Length: 12 months+ contract
Our client is a well known multi disciplinary design consultancy who are looking to add to their Infrastructure team to expand its current team profile and capability.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Principal Engineer will play a leading role within the London and South East team.
This role will suit an excellent communicator and team player and will provide the opportunity for the individual to work closely with private and public sector clients covering a range of market sectors, both locally and further afield.
This position offers the successful applicant exciting opportunities to advance their career, opportunities to learn working alongside senior management in a supporting role whilst assisting Graduate Engineers who are developing theirskills and attributes asthey work towards a professional qualification.
- Infrastructure experiences of all scales and sizes from highway junction design to infrastructure delivery for whole cities in highways, utilities, and drainage design.
- Excellent communicator that can work with a variety of private and public sector clients across a range ofsectors.
- The skill, experience and Commercial awareness to lead a team of engineers and technicians, to programme workloads, and the ability to successfully deliver projects on time, budget, and quality.
- HM is looking for a well-rounded player, not looking for extensive experiencein just one area, would like experience in all (infrastructure / highways / drainage/ utilities /civils)
- 5 years minimum experience ideally 7years
- To be an integral part of leading, developing a growing team
Overview of project:
- Civil Engineering Degree preferable
- Ideally Chartered Member of ICE or Water and Environmental Management or Highways and Transportation
- Degree preferable but not essential, HNC if they have plenty of work experience.
- Large redevelopment of a brownfield site for mixed use residential.
- Silvertown dock development of 65000 units close to the Excel Centre
- Holton park
- 200 hectare extension for University
- They are all long burn residential private led projects
- A lot of projects are coming back after being on hold in covid times relating to civils, drainage, highways & utilities (Everything but the buildings themselves)
- Experienced in all areas of infrastructure / highways / utilities / drainage.
- 5 years' experience in similar position
* 7 years' experience
Tickets/Qualifications/Accreditations required to carry out the role:
* HNC with vast work experience
* Civil Engineering Degree preferable
* Ideally Chartered Member of ICE or Water and Environmental Management or Highways and Transportation
* Degree preferable but not essential About Strata Consulting
We are an Employment Agency specialising in the placement of contract and permanent staff in construction companies and design engineering consultancies across the UK.
For further details please visit our website.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, i.e. job roles, location, salary to us.
We also operate a referral scheme, of which further details can be found on our website (search "Strata Construction Consulting").
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications.
Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days, please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.