Recruitment Solutions Design and Construction Engineer (CRE) Recruitment Agency reference: CQL - 863209
Venn Group are recruiting for a Design and Construction Engineer (CRE) to work within a leading engineering company on a Rail project based in Treforest, Pontypridd.
This is a permanent role where a successful candidate will be working with Project managers and reporting to the Project engineers for the packages of work. Candidates will also be required to manage the engineering Assurance of projects, in order to comply with Company and functional procedures and standards. Key responsibilities:
Ideal Candidate will have the following skills:
- Attend and participate in interdisciplinary design check meetings.
- Assist in the tender processes such as, reviews of pre-tender information, planning, estimating and quality submissions.
- Operate as an engineering mentor for staff in line with POPs.
- Maintain Status and technical knowledge in line with the post.
- Compliance with the Construction Management Regulations 2015 and the Railways and Other Guided Transport Systems Regulations 2006.
- Provide and recognise suggestions to improve the environmental sustainability or safety performance in relation to construction methodology.
- Ensure discipline design or construction complies with current applicable standards, legislative requirements and specification.
- Input and review the Construction Phase Plan and any work Package Plan methodology and risk mitigation measures.
- Carry out periodic reviews of engineers' competencies.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with managing temporary and permanent designs.
- String working knowledge and buildability.
- Ability to interpret drawings and resolve problems with the design and construction team.
- Work to the Network Rail Standards as applied to the schemes.
- Civil Engineering, IEng and working towards Chartered Status
- Minimum of 8 years' relevant experience in a construction or project management role within the Rail Industry
- Knowledge and understanding of the GRIP & PACE process
- Outstanding leadership and IT skills
- Relevant CSCS card
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Alex Tresnan
, Dan Ashcroft or Charlotte Lewis
and apply with an up to date CV.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.