Building a sustainable tomorrow
BAM Ritchies are seeking a Geotechnical Engineer in ground investigation to manage and perform site based works spanning the Northern half of the UK. You should have an academic background in either Geology or Civil Engineering, with experience in the field of ground investigation and site management (a blend of practical and technical).Your mission
The base of operations will be our office inGlasgow reporting to the Project Manager for Ground Investigation with site works throughout Scotland and North of England.
Your key activities will include:
Who are we looking for?
- Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards.
- Developing and maintaining a good working relationship with the customer, their design team and supply chain.
- Planning and preparation for ground investigations projects, either independently or as part of a team for larger projects.
- Leading and managing the site works (for appropriately sized projects), ensuring high levels of commitment, morale and motivation at all levels.
- Ensure implementation of BAM safety procedures including preparation, briefing and review of activity plans and risk assessments.
- Soil and rock logging to relevant standards.
- In-situ testing of ground conditions.
- Management of samples and laboratory data.
- Preparation of reports.
- Financial control of projects, ensuring timely reporting and management of the invoicing process.
- Identification of commercial and technical change and addressing these issues with the customer.
The following are prerequisites for the role:
- Technically strong in ground investigation as well as practically aware.
- Experience of various ground investigation drilling techniques.
- Competence in site supervision or preferably management.
- Competence in buried and overhead services clearance.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
Preferably the candidate will have the following (although training is available to achieve):
Whats in it for you?
- CSCS card holder.
- SMSTS holder.
- PTS holder .
- Professional accreditation to ICE, IOM3 or GeolSoc.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package including company car/allowance, matched pension contributions, life and ill health insurance, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
We strive to assist people working towards professional accreditation and have strong links with the main institutions. There exists occasional opportunity to support the wider BAM business with international ground risk evaluation. There are also opportunities to gain experience in our other departments - geotechnical construction, drill and blast, laboratories - or even within the wider BAM business.Who are we?
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. Were on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us.
Working collaboratively, we've formed strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, wit is our aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.