At RPS, our civil engineering business is experiencing strong growth and we are now recruiting for a Civil Engineer to join our team as a Principal or as an Associate in the UK. Based in Birmingham with agile and hybrid working, you will be an integral part of our team in delivering projects and solutions for our clients using your expertise in the design of all civil engineering elements of residential, commercial and retail schemes.
We're RPS, our projects are all around you. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Our people are our success. We need people who share our passion on solving the problems that matter. Here you'll find work that is challenging and rewarding, and you'll be supported every step of the way.
RPS Design Division delivers projects across multiple, niche sectors from residential housing developments, logistics, retail, aviation, healthcare, education, advanced manufacturing, data centres, energy and more as we strive to achieve the right balance between form and function when faced with competing priorities around sustainability, materiality, cost and constructability. Digitalisation is at the core of our delivery model allowing our clients and their stakeholders to really experience our designs right from project concept stage and through drawing on expertise spanning decades, industries and disciplines, we assist clients to harmonise design drivers through inspired engineering, architecture and development services. What you'll be doing
This is a dynamic role with an experienced team and a strong pipeline of interesting projects and you will...
Who we're looking for Essential Skills:
- Undertake detailed design of all civil engineering elements on residential, commercial and retail development schemes and ensure those designs are fully value engineered, suitable for adoption and most importantly to the clients brief and expectations
- Take responsibility of financial aspects of the various schemes including producing fee proposals, negotiating fee agreements, monitoring costs, revenue and profit etc
- Assist with leading and developing a team of engineers within the engineering department
- Development of new work streams particularly in the residential sector in the south and south west
- Build and develop good client relationships
- Proven track record in delivering quality Civil Engineering solutions and designs for infrastructure, highways and particularly residential development projects which achieved or exceeded the client's expectations.
- Possession of relevant knowledge and experience of the residential sector
- Have good client contacts.
- Essential and key is the ability to develop and build on existing client contacts to successfully bring in new work streams.
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD, Windes and PDS or XP Site 3D
- 6 to 10 years' experience in the design of Civils for residential developments
- Excellent Engineering Technical knowledge as well as excellent analytical skills.
- Extensive knowledge of DMRB standards, and highway and drainage agreement processes with highway and sewerage authorities.
What's in it for you?
- HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering
- Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers
We're an accredited training provider - from entry level to master's degree level professional qualifications in leadership & management and executive coaching & mentoring, we support learning and development for everyone.
A personal development plan and a transparent career pathway puts you in the driving seat of your career and you'll be supported as far as you want to go.
We encourage and value different ideas, perspectives, and styles of thinking. We need a mix of experiences and skills to develop the most innovative ideas. We respect one another and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. You'll be joining a diverse community and a company that puts its people first and prioritises their wellbeing.
We understand the need to work flexibly, with agile offices and hybrid working offered as standard, we're happy to talk about flexible working. This is a workplace that works for you.
A career here is far from ordinary. Here you're not a number, you're part of the solution.
#LI-PK1 #LI-REMOTE #LI-HYBRID What happens next?
If this opportunity suits your career journey, we'd love to hear from you. All applications will be considered, and we will try our best to respond to you within 3 working days.
If you'd like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Mark Maxwell at RPS