Civil EngineerRole overview:
Participate in the design of solar and energy storage projects, from sales phase to construction and commissioning, assessing civil design concepts for solar and battery storage projects
BELECTRIC is one of the worlds leading EPC service providers in the development, construction and operation of solar power plants. The Germany based company was founded in 2001 and has developed into an international company with around 500 employees in five different countries since. To date, BELECTRIC has installed over 480 PV systems with a total output of more than 4 GW worldwide. As one of the worlds largest O&M service providers, the solar energy specialist also takes care of operation and maintenance for a capacity of 1.7 GW of PV plants. BELECTRICs goal is to advance the European energy transition and to guarantee a clean energy supply for future generations.
BELECTRIC is a member of Elevion Group. Elevion Group BV is one of Europes leading energy service providers in the field of modern energy solutions that focus on sustainability and climate neutrality.Key Responsibilities:
- Production of Civil and Structural Designs that can be constructed in compliance with standards and CDM requirements
- Evaluation of civil works requirements for solar installations (concrete foundations, piling programs, internal road design)
- Review of existing studies and surveys and define scope as per projects needs and specifications (flood risk assessment, load bearing survey, archaeological protection measures, geotechnical, topography, hydrology, hydraulics)
- Reading design specifications, employers requirements and technical drawings
- Define detailed scope of works and specifications of Subcontractors for civil topics.
- Provide/coordinate preliminary civil designs (cut and fill analysis, Gravel roads, drainage, etc.) based on the project type, location and needs.
- Review and acceptance of engineering designs from external parties.
- Review and acceptance of the submitted engineering reports, ensuring their conformity with the agreed scope, and communicate the engineering design parameters to the internal departments (structural, AC/DC, etc).
- Providing engineering and technical expertise and guidance in identifying, analysing and resolving project challenges
- Support the construction department in the implementation, during the project realization phase
- Create and maintain a pool of qualified outsourcing services able to provide engineering services (designs, testing, assessments, etc.)
- Work as the main contact point in communication and coordination of technical matters between Belectric and the civil outsourcing services.
- Provide technical support and expertise in civil topics with the client engineering team and technical consultants.
- Close exchange with colleagues in layout design, purchasing, project development, project management and the subsidiaries
- Support the companys goals and represent the company positively and professionally
- Adhere to all Company policies/procedures and business ethics codes including the anti-bribery policy and QHSE policy.
- Enthusiasm towards decarbonisation and renewable energy
- HNC/HND or equivalent minimum; BSc, BEng or equivalent desired
- Experience within renewables industry, energy storage either in consultancy, DNO, ICP, renewable energy developer, or alternatively another engineering environment
- Knowledge and understanding of international and UK standards
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience in Solar PV design requirements (desirable)
- Familiarity with the interactions between developer, EPC and TA in utility-scale PV project development
- Knowledge of Energy Storage Systems (desirable)
- Experience with CDM regulations (desirable)
- Ideally experienced in working across multiple jurisdictions and time zones including some travel
- Innovative spirit
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and problem solving
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders across different levels in and out of the organization
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Structured and well-organized method of work
- Candidates should be eligible to work in the UK without requiring a visa
As a growing company Belectric UK is constantly and consistently looking for talented individuals across the UK. If you feel you have the right skill set and personal qualities to join our team and would like to know more, please contactus.Benefits
- Salary in the region of £40,000
- Full travel expenses paid
- Bonus KPI driven
- Pension ERs contributions up to 6% - following a successful 3 month probation period
- Full Health cover - following a successful 3 month probation period
- 4 x Life cover
- 33 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays