Senior Geotechnical Engineer£45,000 - £54,000 Depending on Experience
Norfolk Partnership Laboratory (NPL) provide an experienced testing and consultancy service to the construction industry, performing a wide range of tests both onsite and at the laboratory, offering specialist advice to our clients.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis working 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
As Senior Geotechnical Engineer you will be responsible for the design, implementation and delivery of specific work programmes of consultancy, engineering solutions and testing to Clients as part of the Geotechnical department.Main Responsibilities will include:
Our Successful Candidate:
- Managing the Geotechnical division reporting into the Head of Laboratory on financials and current workloads.
- Line managing a team of engineers and site teams.
- Managing allocated project staff as required, allocating tasks, training and mentoring colleagues as appropriate.
- Carrying out function of OOGA as laid out in CD 622 for Norfolk County Council and other clients.
- Planning, conducting and supervising geotechnical investigations on site, typically on a bespoke basis.
- Analysing findings and preparing factual and interpretative reports for submission to Head of Laboratory Services.
- Developing proposals and determining costs and schedules for Geotechnical
- Carrying out CAD drawings as needed for geotechnical investigation design and reporting.
You will have extensive demonstrable experience in a specialist area of geotechnical engineering alongside:
- Hold a degree in Geology, Engineering Geology or similar relevant subject
- Chartered (Chartered Member of the ICE, IoM or GSL, or equivalent, and have relevant post-chartership experience in ground engineering and infrastructure works.
- Experience in producing and reviewing factual and interpretative reports with recommendations
- Able to follow defined guidance thoroughly to ensure compliance with standards
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexible in approach to delivering work to meet Clients needs
- Confident liaising with colleagues and stakeholders across all levels.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage your own workload.
Please read the attached job description and person specification to ensure you meet the criteria for the role before applying. We are committed to employment practices and behaviours which encourage diversity, promote equality of treatment and eliminate unlawful and or unfair discrimination. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful and will not be progressed to the next stage.
- Competitive salary up to £54,000 DoE
- 25 Days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Company Sickness Scheme
- Stat NEST Pension
- Permanent position contracted to 40 hours per week
- Excellent career opportunity within a national company
- Opportunity to attain further professional qualifications