WINNER are currently supporting a global engineering company with the recruitment of their Structural Design Engineer
this role will be based in Bury.
The duties of the Structural Design Engineer
- Preparation and checking of Design Briefs and Connection Method Statements, including client facing approval of.
- Preparation and checking of calculations for all types of connections and joint configurations.
- Preparation and checking of all associated Calc Marking Plans.
- Preparation and checking of steel element design / analysis and design of structures. (If required)
- Preparation and checking of temporary stability member design. (If required)
- Generation and checking / input to all aspects of CDM Hazard Registers / Risk Assessments as relevant to structural design.
- Familiarity, use and understanding of design software programmes on the market for both connections and structural analysis. Eg) Masterseries, Statica, TSD, Staad etc
- Compliance with all internal documents such as Technical Guidance Notes, Work Instructions and Quality Management Systems, as well as industry standards such as NSSS.
- Responsibility for ensuring issue and approval status of calculations is maintained and managed.
- Liaison with Client's Engineer, Sub-Trades, and all internal Departments / Centres of the company as required in various locations, to assist in the co-ordination of the design process.
- Good appreciation of all processes from a fabricator's perspective, including detailing, manufacturing and erection.
- Supervision, mentoring and on the job training of other team members.
- Managing other team members, including their scope and progress.
- Managing both you're and your teams time to meet agreed programmes and schedules as the project requires.
The ideal Structural Design Engineer
- Qualified to HNC/HND/degree level or equivalent with a detailed knowledge of the Steel Industry
- Ability to work consistently and accurately, to deadlines, to meet the demands of a manufacturing business
- Confident to take the technical lead on projects and be the focal point of all aspects of the Engineering process on a project.
- Excellent Engineering judgement.
- Proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
- Influential communicator with sound interpersonal skills
- Has the ability to work on multiple projects and liaising with a cross functional team
- Be responsible for achieving objectives on own initiative, as well as part of a team
- Has the ability to adapt to previously unseen challenges & new technologies
- Good understanding/application and experience of steelwork connection design from simple connections through to bespoke connections.
- A good understanding of Eurocode is a prerequisite but AISC & CISC would be beneficial but not essential.
The salary for the Structural Design Engineer
is £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Working Hours: Mon-Thurs 8:30-17:00 Friday 8:30-13:30 (38 hours per week) Possible hybrid working.