Permanent Working hours:
42 hours per week Locations: Saffron Walden & Bishops Stortford Salary:
Entry point £28,615 - rising to £31,794 once fully trained - 12.9% payrise from July
At Cadent we're always striving to do more. To think smarter and respond swiftly and safely when and where we're needed. And, as a Lead Engineer, that same drive and ambition will burn inside you. It's what will motivate you to always go the extra mile for our customers' and push you to develop and progress your career for yourself.
Operatives working within Cadent's Pressure Control process carryout routine maintenance, fault finding and rectification on a wide range of assets and equipment used in the Gas Distribution network. This includes, but is not limited to, work on gas pressure control equipment, valves, gas conditioning and other similar mechanical systems and equipment.
Operatives will be qualified to work on equipment of all pressure ranges and will be a competent person as part of the Safe Control of Operations (SCO). About you
We're looking for people who act with pride, purpose and ownership to join us, along with:
- Hold a Mechanical Maintenance or Engineering Maintenance qualification (or similar) - ideally NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- Have previous experience working with pressure systems in a gas environment
- Hold a full valid UK driving licence
- Are willing to work flexible hours - total hours will be based on 42 per week however this is subject to change dependent on business needs
- Are willing to work on standby.
We offer a host of benefits to suit your lifestyle and support your well-being. These include:
- 33 days holiday
- Fantastic career development prospects delivered through our Training Schools, our Learning and Development team and through funded learning options
- Pension Scheme - double match up to 12%
- Opportunity to earn bonus
- Generous family provision policies
- Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car scheme, insurance and healthcare packages, plus much more
- Flexible working requests supported from first day - #FlexFrom1 st
- My Offers membership card - offering discounts and savings from hundreds of retailers
- Support with financial wellbeing
- Access to our Occupational Health Services
- Paid 2 volunteering days per year
- Gym Membership
We want our employees to achieve a healthy work-life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it. Let us know about your flexibility requirements, whether that be reduced hours, remote working, flexible start/finish times, or compressed hours, and we will be more than happy to explore what's possible for the role. Diversity and Inclusion
Don't meet every single requirement listed?
Understanding, learning, and celebrating what makes us different, as well as what we have in common, is not only good for us as individuals but also enables us to work better together as one team. Cadent is committed to being an equitable and diverse employer that fosters an inclusive culture for all our employees, therefore, all our employment decisions are assessed based on qualifications, merit, and business need. So, if you're excited about this opportunity but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification mentioned, we would still love for you to submit your application - You may just be the right person for this role or other opportunities at Cadent.
As a recognised Disability Confident Employer, we are proud to champion inclusion in the workplace and ensure to provide an environment that is accessible to all and supports individuals throughout their journey with Cadent. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process.
We place great importance on equity, diversity and inclusion, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Our employee communities Women in Cadent, Pride at Work (LGBTQ+), Embrace (ethnicity and religion), Thrive! (disability) and the Cadent Military Community can't wait to welcome you! Circle Back Initiative
As an active and proud member of The Circle Back Initiative, we aim to ensure that all candidates receive a response to their application, regardless of the outcome.
We will be receiving applications until the specified date above, though Cadent retains the right to close this vacancy early without prior notification, so it is advisable to complete your application at your earliest convenience.
Be part of something big. Help shape the future of gas for generations to come.