Permanent - £50,000 - £60,000 + Package
Contract: £350-£400 p/day (Inside IR35)
My client is looking to strengthen their Operations team with a Contract Engineer. Based at one of the projects in the area, you will work on clean water projects within the region and will be expected to write Works Information as well as take technical scope and reference for Civil and MEICA packages.
Having secured a place on Thames Water's AMP7 Framework, the client is excited to be delivering a significant proportion of their £600M programme of clean and wastewater Non-infrastructure works in the London area.
You will report directly to the Project Manager and the responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing technical specification (both form internal engineering team and external Client standards) to ensure they meet the project technical and commercial requirements.
- Managing the supply chain through the procurement, engineering, implementation, commissioning and handover phase.
- Ensuring review of supplier schedules against the contract Programme, advising the PM of any changes that will affect completion.
- Ensuring production of monthly progress reports from the supply chain, if necessary, facilitating and coordinating progress meetings.
- Managing/overseeing the production of QA documentation including but not limited to ITPs, check sheet, FAT documentation and O&M's.
- Administration of the contract of the supply chain, including use of NEC3 software to notify the supply chain of any potential EWN's, CE's, CI or change in scope.
- Engineering background
- Working knowledge of various conditions of contract especially IChemE & NEC
- Experience of supply chain expedition
- Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes
- CDM & Health & Safety knowledge
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.