We have a great opportunity for Thermal Energy Engineer to join our highly successful Energy business; primarily supporting our solar and renewable energy projects.
Bouygues Energies & Services design, install and commission large scale solar PV farms for our clients. Supplying renewable energy from solar power plants enables local communities to reduce costs and reduce their carbon footprint. It also means they can provide off-grid power in remote areas that can be sold back to the grid or used locally at a cheaper price than grid-supplied energy. Key Activities
Skills, qualifications, and experience
- To undertake engineering options appraisals of existing buildings to establish feasibility for the implementation of low carbon heating solutions
- Preparation of thermal energy models, using a range of standard industry software tools
- Oversee the development of conceptual designs, design / performance specifications and outline scopes of work, to enable commissioning of detailed design
- Calculate and assess impacts to building energy performances
- Coordinate design and development, working with external MEP consultants, contractors and specialists
- Assess designs for compliance, feasibility and performance
- Undertake CAPEX, OPEX and REPEX assessments of engineering options, using internal price benchmarking tools and external tender prices
- Prepare client-facing proposals and reports, ranging from heat decarbonisation plans to technical proposals, using standard templates
- Liaise with clients to establish and develop project briefs, project objectives, constraints and requirements, to aid in the development of engineering options
- To present engineering proposals and business cases
- Assist in establishing and preparing statutory applications, such as Planning, Building Control, electrical connections upgrades (DNO) and others, working with specialist consultancy and in-house experts
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in applicable Engineering or Sciences
- Solid experience in the design and development of mechanical building services
- Good understanding of low-carbon heating and cooling technologies and design techniques
- Experience in managing and coordinating design
- Experience in the use of standard industry tools, such as IES VE, REVIT, AutoCAD
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, in particular, Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrable skills in mathematics, in particular computational data analysis and statistics
Why Bouygues E&S Solutions?
- Generous holiday allowance
- Flexible working opportunities
- Company share scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Employee assistance programme (Private GP Appointments, Legal support, Counselling)
- Non contractual bonus
- Access to LinkedIn training
- Access to Bouygues Management Academy
- Bouygues Energies & Services Solutions (BYES) is an international business operating in over 25 countries and employing over 13,500 people. The company is part of the Bouygues Group - a global brand employing over 130,000 people in 80 countries within the construction, engineering, civil works, energy services, telecommunications, and media sectors.
In the UK, Bouygues Energies & Services is a leading provider of facilities management (FM), energy services, highways, and complex engineering solutions across the public and private sectors.
- We place a strong emphasis on continual development, both professional and interpersonal. Currently over 2% of the Company's payroll is spent on Learning and Development activities. We have our own international and local training centres, delivering technical and management courses.
- Here at Bouygues we value the creativity and innovation that our diverse workforce brings, encouraging people from all backgrounds, particularly those from underrepresented communities to apply. By joining us, you will be inspired to bring your full self to the workplace, speak up and share your unique ideas. You will also have an opportunity to join our employee led diversity & inclusion communities such as WeLink (women network), Encompass (LGBTQ+), Kaleidoscope (BAME), Disability and Wellness peer support network, Parents and Carers network.
- We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
- We value your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal details. If you choose to apply for this role, please do not include any sensitive data on your CV which reveals (directly or indirectly): your race or ethnic origins, your political, philosophical or religious opinions, or your membership of a trade union, your social security number, or information which relates to your health or sexual orientation or to any criminal convictions