What if you could work with remarkable people on extraordinary things? What if the end result was something a little bit special? What if your role was mission critical?
For nearly 70 years, AWE has been at the forefront of nuclear weapons research and development. We have a critical mission: to provide the warheads for the UK's ultimate deterrent - Trident. We also use our unique skills to provide wider UK government with counter-terrorism and nuclear threat reduction solutions.
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
Do you have a background, experience or knowledge of Construction Engineering and are keen to develop your experience with a company that gives you every other Friday off? Then a career at AWE could be for you!Construction EngineerLocation:
Reading/ Basingstoke areaPackage/Salary
- £33,850 - £46,000 Dependant on suitability and level of experience
Closing Date: 15th March 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK)
has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
Working within our Construction Engineering team, we are looking to appoint an experienced Construction Engineer to monitor, report, assist and liaise with Contractors to verify that the requirements of the contract are being fulfilled and that AWE process' and License Condition requirements are fully adhered to on our Construction sites.
This role will give you the opportunity to work for one of the area's largest employers where you will have the opportunity to develop your expertise and gain experience on a wide variety of equipment and projects which will make a direct and visible contribution to the successful running of our business.
What will you be required to do?
- Maintain an accurately detailed daily site diary of site conditions, progress and the resources available to undertake the work activities throughout the construction phase
- Provide input to Weekly Reports which include Site Safety Inspections, Quality Control, Test Inspection Plans, Defect Notices, Deliveries [accepted or rejected] for the project
- Discharge CDM duties, (Plan, Manage & Monitor the works).
- Assist in the preparation and review of pre-construction information such as SSOW/RAMS
- Uphold the highest safety standards and ensure compliance from contractors you are supervising
- Ensure that installation works by contractors are undertaken to appropriate and specified quality standards
- Ensure that where applicable, contractor's operatives are competent, qualified and licensed to undertake their work activities correctly and that all plant and equipment used is tested, maintained and certified as specified
- Monitor and record specific or specialist deliveries to site to ensure that the condition of the load meets the standard, that the items are handled correctly, packaging is intact and that storage facilities are appropriate
What will you need, to be considered?
We would love to hear from individuals with either a; Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering/Construction background, with a build environment related qualification (ONC/HNC/HND).
You will need to possess current a SSSTS & CSCS Supervisors Card.
It's essential that you have a range of construction/engineering project experience and be able to demonstrate knowledge/experience of CDM Regulations 2015.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.