Do you want to join a multi-utility infrastructure provider that has been recognised as a Great Place to Work?
BUUK Infrastructure know that our greatest asset is our staff, and we are a company that our people feel proud to be a part of. The passion and commitment shown by every member of our team allows us to succeed in our mission statement To deliver consistently high-quality service to customers to earn their long-term loyalty to BUUK.
Power On Connections are part of a family of companies owned by BUUK Infrastructure, designing and delivering new electricity and fibre connections from inception to adoption.
We are recruiting for a Construction Engineer
to successfully deliver all assigned projects in line with company policies and procedures. This full-time permanent position is home based, covering Chelmsford and reporting to our office in Childerditch.
We are looking for someone with Project Management and financial forecasting experience within Multi Utilities. While it is not essential that you have had previous experience within this sector before, you must have a full UK driving licence and experience liaising with clients or customers. Training on our systems and the company will be provided.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career and join a company that has been recognised as a Great Place to Work.Responsibilities will include
- Delivering projects from customer order receipt, planning, construction and build stages, through to final adoption
- Ensuring compliance to all safe working practices, enforcing corrective actions where required
- Liaising with customers and third parties, such as local authorities and members of the public
- Delivering projects within budget and agreed timelines
- Reviewing risk assessments and preparing method statements, ensuring compliance under Construction Design Management regulations and Safety Rules
- Undertaking site inspections as required
- Working in a creative manner to find solutions to tasks that arise with resourcing or scheduling, proactively reporting concerns at the appropriate time
Along with a rewarding working environment we offer a competitive starting salary, pension and life assurance. We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (plus the opportunity to purchase more through our flexible benefits scheme), corporate perks (reduced cinema tickets and discounts at high street shops), wellbeing assistance (24-hour helpline and counselling service) and a social calendar with events taking place throughout the year.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the Resourcing team on 01359 308260for an informal discussion in confidence.