With over 18 years of proven capability in pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors, BES offers unique career opportunities, along with a supportive and collaborative work culture. We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Project Engineer - Construction/CSA to join our southern team based in Milton Keynes.
Our Milton Keynes office has been successfully operating since 2018, supporting a growing client base in the South. With its close proximity to the main bio sciences and healthcare organisations found in Oxford, Cambridge and London, Milton Keynes offers superb transport links combined with fantastic amenities.
By joining BES, you will have the opportunity to develop your expertise and career as an integral part of a driven and growing team. You will work with premium clients on challenging and interesting projects, ranging from laboratories and cleanrooms to the most complex pioneering pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
The foundations of the company have been built around partnering and collaboration, which is only possible through open and honest communication. We are looking for individuals who can share this ethos and continue to provide professional and best-in-class services to our clients.
With many prestigious projects underway and a healthy forward order book with a forecasted turnover of over £50m this year, it is an exciting time to join our business. The Role
Reporting to the Engineering Director and working as part of an integrated project team, you will provide engineering support including but not limited to the tasks below:
- Proactively work with the team and the Client to ensure best in class delivery, ensuring your own areas of responsibility are delivered to time, budget, and quality requirements
- Constructability input into in house design solutions
- Identify risks and ensure mitigation measures are put in place.
- Produce procurement schedules and discuss and set programme requirements
- Negotiate and agree 'best value' procurement of suppliers and contractors
- Agree working arrangements with all key service providers
- Organisation and management of contractors
- Set and maintain high standards of workmanship during construction
- Attend site meetings with the both the Client and the site teams
- Liaison with all disciplines to ensure works is accurately coordinated.
- Commissioning and final handover take responsibility for activities allocated to you to ensure this is done effectively
You will be based in the Milton Keynes office; however, BES operates across the UK and you should expect some weekly travel, with an occasional overnight stay Knowledge & Experience
What's on offer
- Minimum HNC qualified in Building Services / Building Studies.
- 10 years relevant experience
- Minimum IoSH Managing Safely (this will be provided if candidate doesn't meet standard)
- Although you will be experienced in delivering projects in your core / background skill, experience in multi discipline turnkey projects is also required
- Experienced in the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets is preferred particularly in the construction of laboratories and cleanrooms.
- IT literate and conversant with Microsoft Office, Outlook and Project.
- Fully conversant with CDM regulations
- Salary negotiable (dependent on experience)
- Flexible Working Hours
- Pension scheme Healthcare
- Child care vouchers
- Interesting and challenging projects delivered for blue chip pharmaceutical companies
- Great opportunities for further career development
- Social Events