Our client is a well-respected SME landscape architecture and engineering practice looking for an experienced Civil/Drainage Engineer, ideally with knowledge of sustainable drainage design, to join their growing team. Their approach is very much nature led in the design and delivery of holistic solutions which connect people with the outdoors and enhances biodiversity at the same time. So, are you a professional Civil/Drainage Engineer at a stage in your career where the idea of moving to a smaller company and being more than just a number really appeals? An organisation where your skills and knowledge can add real value to its growth and whose core focus is on having a positive impact on climate change through creating innovative design solutions for its clients? Reporting into the Director of Civil Engineering, you will be joining a team of true professionals who have strong values at the heart of what they do and how they do it. So, if you have a design-led passion for the built environment and all things climate and biodiversity and would really like to become part of this delightful and growing SME practice where your technical skills, knowledge and experience can really influence the future growth of the business and add significant value, this could be a very rewarding move for you.As the successful Civil/Drainage Engineer your main responsibilities are…
As our potential Civil/Drainage Engineer candidate do you have…
- To design preliminary surface and foul water draining strategies and detailed design modelling of sustainable drainage systems (SuDS).
- Preparing client project concepts and designs along with initial junction designs
- Liaising with relevant external bodies in relation to compliance requirements
- Assisting with site inspections/reviews and analyse data
- To prepare relevant reports such as flood risk assessments and utility reports
- Working closely with internal and external design team members, clients, and technical specialists
- Some experience of working on UK drainage design projects (essential)
- Practical knowledge of working with Causeway Flow, PDS, AutoCAD technology?
- A good understanding of current UK legislation and statutory authority procedures relevant to sustainable drainage and external works design?
- A degree in Civil Engineering or are you working towards a similar qualification?
- A highly organised goal-oriented approach and willing to challenge to get things done?
- A ‘think outside the box' attitude and are proactive, solutions focussed, and willing to go the extra mile?
- An eye for the detail and a successful track record of working on several projects and client accounts at any one time?
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken?
- An interest in continuing your own personal development both in your particular area of expertise and in general?