The Civil Engineer IV will function as the lead Civil engineer on assigned Renewable Natural Gas projects and will assist project managers in the coordination and management of related contracted services including though not limited to geotechnical engineering and land surveying.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide primary direction in the development of Civil works bidding and construction packages
- Perform grading and earthwork calculations
- Perform storm water management design and coordinate the permitting process
- Perform erosion and sedimentation control design and coordinate the permitting process
- Preparation and submission of local land development permits
- Develop access road plans
- Develop gravity drain piping design – profile drawings
- Develop Biogas (Renewable Natural Gas) pipeline profile drawings
- Develop lift station designs
- Develop equipment foundation designs
- Coordination with land surveying contractors
- Coordination with geotechnical studies and direct application of geotechnical reports and data
- Conduct due diligence on potential biogas sites. Evaluate the suitability of identified sites and participate in due diligence reviews.
- Interface directly with project Lead CAD/Designers, Engineers and Project Managers to develop and coordinate Civil drawing packages including site plans, grading plans, details, erosion control, access road plans, profiles and cross sections, utility and storm drainage plans and profiles.
- Maintain files of calculations and Civil documentation for each project.
- Develop and maintain Civil design/engineering standards and procedures.
- Provide direction and assistance to designers and design/drafters.
- Perform site visits occasionally to review site conditions, collect information and support site development
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees at all locations.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an office and uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to lift and carry 10 lbs. on a regular basis is required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL / ABILITY / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Civil Engineering is required
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in Civil engineering
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as lead Civil engineer
- Experience with Autodesk Civil 3D software is preferred
- Experience with Digester/Lagoon design is preferred
- Experience with creating of easement drawings / land over property exhibits is preferred
- Missouri Professional Engineering registration is required, North Carolina license also preferred
- Some experience in structural steel design is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Basic AutoCAD proficiency is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours and some weekend work may be required.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written is required.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Must comply with Roeslein & Associate’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.