Are you a Geotechnical Engineer, situated in Bristol and looking for an opportunity to learn Geotechnical detailed design and analysis?
My client are an award winning nationwide multi disciplinary consultancy with an excellent reputation. The Geotechnical associate/team lead is looking for his first recruit in Bristol help build and develop the team to support the wider geotechnical team throughout the UK.
You will come in as a Geotechnical Engineer sat directly under the Associate helping to deliver complex Geotechnical issues within multi disciplinary projects across a range of high value building and infrastructure schemes.
As a Geotechnical Engineer, you will be providing expert geotechnical advice to clients and internal multi disciplinary teams for project delivery. As well as undertaking site visits, surveys and inspections associated with geotechnical works. Design, procure and evaluate geotechnical investigations to prepare ground models. Prepare geotechnical designs, reports and specifications for a diverse mixture of projects & Assist in preparation of risk assessment and method statements for investigation and design in accordance with CDM Regulations.
Geotechnical Engineer specification:
- BEng/BSc in Civil Engineering, Geology or Engineering Geology, and preferably MEng/MSc (or equivalent) in a geotechnical discipline.
- A questioning approach and demonstrable enthusiasm for geotechnics and deriving efficient sustainable solutions.
- A good working knowledge of relevant UK codes of practice, regulations and industry guidance.
- Proficiency in geotechnical investigation, preparation of ground models and evaluation.
- Ideally experience in the design of shallow and deep foundations, retaining structures, slopes, earthworks, ground remediation and treatment.
- Ideally working knowledge of geotechnical design and analysis software.
- Excellent communication skills, determination to learn and an ability to plan and manage personal effectiveness and contribute to the team's effectiveness.
- Full UK driving licence.
If you would like to know more on this position, please call Cory Taylor at Calibre Search Manchester.
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.