Structural Engineer - Data Centre - Hybrid role - office based in Bedford
Our client is an established international construction company, who are active on several projects across Mainland Europe.
They are currently delivering sizeable sub-contract packages including,
- Interior Fit Out: Dry lining, HAC Units, Decoration, Penetrations & Fire stopping, Joinery, White Walls, Suspended Ceilings & Block work
- Envelope: Cladding, Roofing, Curtain Walls, Louvres, Doors, Pre Fabrication
- Steel Frame: Structural, Secondary & Intumescent Coating
A rare opportunity for an experienced Structural Engineer, (hybrid with occasional travelling to the Netherlands or UK sites), to join the commercial team based on a data centre project in the Netherlands.Responsibilities:
- Undertake structural design and analysis work for a range of building types, including steel, concrete, timber, and masonry structures.
- Liaise with clients, architects, and contractors to ensure that design requirements are met and projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Produce high-quality engineering reports and calculations, using appropriate software packages and analytical methods.
- Provide guidance and mentor ship to junior engineers and technicians, as required.
- Participate in internal design reviews and ensure that design work is compliant with relevant codes and standards.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest engineering research and developments, and share knowledge with colleagues.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the design team, including architects, MEP engineers, and contractors.
- BIM Basics to view model, extract information etc
- Robot Structural Analysis
- Calcs by hand
- Advance Stel