An opportunity has arisen for a MEICA Project Engineer to join an established Tier 1 Civil Engineering Contractor, delivering capital upgrades for NIWater. No experience within the water sector, we will recognise transferable skills and will work with you to give you the industry training and skills required.
You will join a team of Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineers, delivering innovative water solutions to the Northern Ireland market. Working throughout Northern Ireland and reporting to the M&E Manager, you will be involved in the project delivery of capital upgrades and asset maintenance for NIWater, from time to time further opportunities on other Civil Engineering Projects.
As MEICA Project Engineer your main duties will include the following:
- Provide technical management of the on-site activities, oversee the planning and programming, liaise with the design team and site installation works to ensure satisfactory design, construction, commissioning and handover.
- Ensure compliance throughout all projects with relevant health and safety regulations, environmental policies, QMS, customer requirements and general duty of care.
- Monitor progress with respect to cost and quality and prepare progress reports for presentation to the Contracts Manager, attend site progress meetings, value engineering workshops etc..
- From time to time, contribute to the preparation of tender documents and assist with the pricing and ordering of equipment from suppliers/potential suppliers
- Identify potential project risks and take appropriate mitigation action in accordance with contract requirements.
- Introducing improvements and innovations where appropriate.
Skills and Experience
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or equivalent third-level qualification
- Demonstrate commercial and contractual awareness
- Have good IT skills including MS Project, Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- CAD Experience would be advantageous
You will also have excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal. With the nature of the role there will be travel throughout Northern Ireland with the occasional trip to ROI (expenses paid).
If you feel this MEICA Project Engineer (Water)
role is something you may be interested in and you would like to find out additional information please contact Anne or Michael on 00442890312009.
If you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.