* Be a senior Geotechnical Engineer with a proven technical and project management track record
* Degree in civil engineering or geology, ideally with a post graduate qualification in a geotechnical subject
* Minimum 2 years experience post chartered status, either as a geologist or civil engineer
Candidates should have:
* Extensive experience in one or more of the following sectors: highways, rail or water geotechnics.
* A strong academic background with a relevant degree (ideally MSc or equivalent)
* Chartered status.
* Proven experience of acting in a senior role in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment.
* Project management - experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to the engineering consultancy and design markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management.
* Proven geotechnical design experience.
* Application of CDM Regulations in a design and ground investigation environment.
* Excellent interpersonal and technical skills and the ability to develop and lead design teams.
* Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with clients.
* Good commercial track record in negotiating and running successful jobs.
* Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work.
* A willingness to travel on short assignments both within the UK and overseas.
* A valid UK driving licence.