Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Inverness, HLD, GB, IV2 3BW Reading, RDG, GB, RG31 7SD Kilkenny, IE, R95 H488 Swindon, Wiltshire, GB, SN5 6PB RWE Renewables UK Management Ltd. To start as soon as possible, Full time, PermanentAbout the department
The Department of Engineering provides services and technical expertise for onshore windfarms, photovoltaic and battery electric storage systems. These services are delivered from a Project's early development (be it greenfield or repowering) including specification, tendering and design through to construction and operations.
The Acoustics and Wind Measurement Team within Engineering is responsible for the specialist services of acoustic (noise) relevant topics and delivery of wind measurements from remote sensing devices and meteorological masts.About the role
Based in the UK or Ireland, you will coordinate coordinate and install wind monitoring equipment and activities as well as ensure data provision, data management, analysis and processing of wind, energy and load-relevant climate data for our onshore wind farm sites.Responsibilities:
- Coordination of the installation, refurbishment and decommissioning of monitoring equipment as well as provision of services to prospecting, development, operations and third-party services (wind and acoustics);
- Data collection, provision and management of the storage of all data from permanent meteorological masts, remote sensing and third-party sources;
- Due diligence work on quality-relevant documentation of the measurement systems/campaigns (e.g. technical design and equipment, installation and maintenance protocols, calibration certificates);
- Continuous monitoring of wind, noise and other meteorological measurement results to ensure high data quality and fulfillment of the project timelines and budget plans;
- Planning and execution of maintenance and repair work on measurement systems
- Processing and analysis of measurement data with the aid of industry standard or equivalent inhouse software (e.g. Windographer, MMMT, Smart Data Pipeline).
- Provision of support for power performance and noise monitoring using masts and remote sensing
- Review of technical, mast submission planning and tender, evaluation of bids and support in contract negotiations with suppliers and service providers for the prompt initiation/extensions of contracts;
- Ensuring compliance with applicable technical international standards for the design of wind systems; as well as H&S safety standards for field work activities;
- A completed vocational training including several years of relevant work experience
- Extensive experience in dealing with measurement networks, data logging and storage systems;
- Basic knowledge of logistics and electronics;
- A good level of physical fitness and exposure to tough working outside environments;
- Excellent team work dynamics and autonomy;
- The flexibility to travel for short periods of time within Europe;
- Good English language skills are mandatory; other language skills such as German are welcome;
- Full drivers-license including towing a trailer
You will be part of a highly motivated team of Acoustic and Wind Monitoring specialists with decades of experience in our respective field of expertise. We are currently based in five European countries and are looking to extend our team even further. You will receive on the job training by the senior members of the team. We live an open and inclusive culture, offer excellent learning and development opportunities with the choice of joining a technical career path. We empower and enable you to make your own decisions in your day-to-day work.
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 81217,
We look forward to receiving your application!
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity. #inclusionmatters
Of course, you can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Xing, too.
RWE represents change, innovation and sustainability. As one of the world's leading generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable and secure energy future.
RWE Renewables GmbH, based in Essen, Germany, is RWE's youngest subsidiary and one of the world's leading companies in the field of renewable energies. With an international team of around 3,500 employees, we are drivers of the energy transition - and provide electricity for a sustainable life. Our total capacity of more than 9 gigawatts results from onshore and offshore wind parks, photovoltaic plants and battery storage. We focus on growth: on the American continent, on the European core markets and on new markets in the Asia-Pacific region.