Job Description Lead Civil and Structural Engineer - Rail
When you join our Engineering Team at Telent, you'll be empowered to innovate and drive common solutions, working closely with technical experts who are proud of the impact their work makes. Come join a high-performing team doing complex and critical work within our Rail Division. Help build and keep the nation's critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7.
The Lead Civil and Structural Engineer will be responsible to produce survey information in collaboration with Telent's dedicated site teams and/or contractors for the production of Civil and Structural designs to all relevant Euro, British and Client standards for the Telent Transport Engineering business, focussing on Mainline Rail and Metro Rail markets. This is an agile working opportunity. What you'll do:
Who you are:
- Interface to Network Rail for Rail Design and any associated civils activities
- Drive efficiencies in repeated work scopes through design re-use.
- Implement robust processes that aim to eliminate Telent incurred re-work costs in all delivery phases.
- Ensure all works are carried out in accordance with the Construction, Health & safety Plan, Environmental Plan and Quality Plan.
- Design Production and completion of works to programme
- Report against programme to relevant project manager
- Advise Site supervision regarding Civil & Structural installations/designs.
- Complete As-Built packs regarding Civils & structural installations/designs.
- Value engineer designs and check for buildability and advise improvements
- Ensure adequate survey records are kept
- Ensure BOM on completion of design
- Ensure all works are completed toTelentstandards.
We are looking for a Lead Civil and Structural Engineer who has experience working in the Rail or Construction industry, who can work under pressure and to tight deadlines. Strong communication skills alongside a customer focused attitude are essential. Key requirements:
What we offer:
- Undertake and lead technical site surveys and audits.
- Analyse and understand survey records/notes and propose enhancements
- Understand and use existing design records and incorporate into new designs.
Ideally sound knowledge of Rail Standards, processes and CDM Regs
- AutoCAD/MicroStation and other CAD or 3D design software including FARO Scene and N4CE
- Sound knowledge of Construction/Civil Engineering surveys and design production
- Sound knowledge of all built environment and materials for railway and constructive industries
- Sound knowledge of earthworks and excavations materials
- Full Driving Licence.
A career at Telent can span sectors, roles, technologies and customers giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone be themselves and to thrive at work. The additional benefits with this role:
Learn more about Telent:
- Company car
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.
Click here for Telent Video! Brilliance brought together. We are guided by our values and behaviours:
- Be Inclusive
- Take Responsibility
- Be Customer-focussed.