1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world's most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world's water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us atwww.xylem.com.We Offer You More Than Just "A Job"
- Professional Development - To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees' professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards - We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark - Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks - Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women's, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran's, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem seeks to hire a Project / Systems Engineer. This is a varied role where you'll be part of a teamdesigning, building, testing and installing Xylem water quality solutions into the Environmental water monitoring market in the UK. You will be coveringintegration of Xylem systems (telemetry, buoys, profilers etc), installation (land and boat), programming and wiring.Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Build Xylem solutions such as data buoys, pontoon profilers or cabinet systems following standard designs or customised to suit specific customer needs involving both electrical, mechanical and software elements
- Field installation of equipment and site surveys in river, lake, reservoir and coastal environments as required
- Customer support for new and existing solutions in the field, via phone or email
- QA inspection and test of all new solutions prior to delivery
- Assist with equipment demonstration installations and client sites
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Qualified to HNC / HND, City & Guilds or degree in relevant subject
- Previous electronic and mechanical engineering experience (Mechatronics)
- Previous experience in the water monitoring industry preferable
- Experience in CAD, knowledge and understanding of technical drawings and schematic diagrams
- Knowledge of telemetry systems, PLC and Modbus programming desirable
- Self-confidence, comfortable working safely in or around water
- Good organisational, written and communication skills
- Problem solving mindset
- Confident and comfortable working safely in or around water