Water Engineer Asset Management and Investment Planning Team
Apply now Job DescriptionDo you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
We would like to hear from you if you would be interested in applying your knowledge and experience on a diverse range of investment planning projects.
We are seeking a Water Investment Planner-Engineer with experience in provide technical engineering support for investment planning within the UK Water Sector to support our clients developing investment strategies and business planning.
We are looking for motivated strategic thinkers, who want to generate the best possible outcomes for our clients, the environment and society, with an interest in developing their knowledge and experience through joining our existing team of technical experts.Candidate SpecificationRequired for the position of Water Engineer Asset Management and Investment Planning Team;
- Relevant engineering or other related degree
- Excellent report writing and presenting skills
And experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience in concept or feasibility design of water or wastewater assets.
- Project and/or programme management, client liaison and consulting
- Experience in developing aspects of water company business plans
- Experience with developing Water Resource Management Plans (WRMP) or Drainage and Wastewater Management Plans (DWMP) for UK Water Companies
- Experience of undertaking options appraisal
- Experience of working with environmental teams to support environmental assessments and incorporate mitigates into engineering designs
- Experience of working with planning teams to develop robust project delivery schedules
- Knowledge of carbon estimating and net-zero strategy development or eagerness to develop these skills
- Experience in data analysis (including use of Excel)
- Experience in developing decision support tools
- Cost estimating and risk assessments
- UK water sector experience
- Familiarity with UK water sector regulations
- Previous consulting experience
- Familiarity with the Strategic Resource Option process
- An interest in carbon and systems thinking
If you meet 80% or more of what were looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didnt know we need.Job Profile
Our water consultancy team work across many of the English water company water resource management plans and regional plans. We are a leading consultancy in water resource planning and have worked closely with Water Resources South East (WRSE) throughout this AMP. We plan to further grow our team to support more elements of the water resource plans and more companies in AMP8.
Our investment planning team lead our input to the water resource management plans as well as working on hydrogen projects and other water and wastewater studies.
Our investment planning team work as part of a larger team which covers a wide range of asset management and investment planning (AMIP) specialist areas, including:
- Water resource investment planning
- Drainage and wastewater investment planning
- Engineering studies in the UK and Internationally
- Technical advisory including project preparation and support to public private partnerships as well as other support to other contractual arrangements (e.g. DCO)
- Carbon, net zero appraisal and strategic planning
- Asset Management
- Project management of engineering projects
All members in our team have the opportunity to move around and work in different areas.
Our AMIP team is part of the Group's Water & Environment unit, but also works with clients in other sectors. The Water & Environment Unit is made up of two key divisions, Water Consultancy Division and Environment and Social Division. Our Water Consultancy Division employs 550 people who are based in offices across the UK and cover all aspects of water industry work from asset management to detailed design in the natural and built environment.
Our AMIP team work closely with the other water consultancy teams; pipelines and networks, treatment, dams and reservoir and water resources and flooding. These teams develop designs through to construction and operation.
Your role will depend on your experience and interests, it is likely you will either take on a technical or commercial role or a mix of both on one of our WRMP and regional planning projects.
About the business unit
Environmental and social considerations are central to Mott MacDonalds Purpose and its offerings across all sectors and territories. Our environment and social business provides essential services and innovative solutions which anticipate our clients' needs across all sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working because life isnt 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
#LI-HM1Other InformationEquality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at and we will talk to you about how we can assist. Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust. More about Mott MacDonald
Were a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each persons differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence Back to Search Apply now