A Project Civil Engineer with experience in below ground drainage (including Section 104) and standard road design (including Section 38/278), is required by a multi-disciplinary consultancy in Bristol.
The candidate should also be experienced in preparing flood risk assessments and drainage assessments. The candidate will be experienced in using computer modelling packages such as Microdrainage, AutoCAD and Civil 3D (or similar packages).
- 3-4 years' experience in highways and drainage works in UK
- Competent in storm and foul water drainage network design using WinDes Microdrainage design software
- Conversant with highway layouts (vertical and horizontal alignments)
- Competent in using AutoCAD and Autotrack for general civil engineering and building projects; preferably using Civil 3D
- Experience in the preparation of adoption design and drawings for both highways and drainage and successful adoption under section 38/278, section 104.
- Knowledge of and design capability for SuDS systems
- Knowledge of Civil 3D ground modelling system and experience in Flood Risk Assessments and drainage strategies
- Experience of preparing and checking project design and assessment calculations, drawings, reports and contract documents;
- Able to successfully communicate with suppliers, clients, contractors, the public and other engineers within the company
- Familiar with Health & Safety, environmental and managerial procedures
- Able to present technical work
- Comfortable with assigning and checking the work of technicians/ administrative staff.
- Cut and Fill analysis.
- Be working towards Chartership with a relevant professional body
This is a brilliant opportunity and not one to be missed! The company are offering a competitive salary, based on candidate experience and a great benefits package. There is also great support and mentoring for those working towards Chartership.
If interested, please apply with your CV.