Amey Consulting are currently looking to recruit a Principal Geotechnical Design Engineer to join our Consulting North Rail team. With offices located in Manchester, Derby, York and Edinburgh, we welcome applications from Engineers across these regions.
As a Principal Geotechnical Engineer at Amey Consulting you'll be part of a growing team of over 500 employees contributing to the delivery of one of the biggest rail infrastructure projects to come to the North.
You will be a key part of the team and take responsibility for the effective and efficient delivery of projects including The Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU). The TRU project is a multibillion-pound transformative programme that will improve connectivity between Manchester and Leeds and also bring better journeys to passengers. The standard hours of work are 37.5 per week.
Work-life balance and flexibility are key for our success. We empower our people to make choices that are right for them, with hybrid, part-time and flexible work patterns. And with a network of offices across the UK, we're open to discussing working options that suit you.
You will be responsible for:
- Oversee the production of technically sound engineering solutions, complying with all relevant technical standards and client requirements
- Planning, programming, cost control and administration of engineering deliverables for multiple schemes,
- Accountable to the Technical Director or Engineering Manager for the functional performance of technical staff within the team
- Build collaborative relationships with other engineering staff which contribute to improved technical performance across the business
- Drive technical excellence and innovation within the team
- Undertake line management duties as required
- Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, including CDM Regulations
- Work with project managers in the preparation of cost estimates and subsequent successful delivery of commissions to programme and within budget
What makes this role unique?
You'll be part of a team who will solve complex rail challenges and deliver bespoke, customer-centric solutions. We are passionate about the Rail Infrastructure projects that we design and take pride in seeing our towns and cities thrive by improving connectivity, journey times and quality of life.
You'll have the freedom to grow with us, and we'll help you shape your career.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Degree in an appropriate subject
- Incorporated Engineer, Chartered Engineer or equivalent level of experience
- Member of professional institution
- A strong project and team manager with great attention to detail
- A passionate team leader with an enthusiasm and willingness to participate in the career and professional development of others as well as themselves
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with relevant engineering software
- Proven track record in production of technically sound and innovative design solutions
What we offer you
When you join us, we can offer flexibility, career development, a choice of benefits and support that help you through all life's ups and downs. It's the reason why Investors in People put us among the top 1% of employers and we have a competitive reward and benefits program
We embrace difference
- Career Development - Exceptional development and progression plan
- Pension - Generous Pension scheme which we will contribute to
- Holidays - Minimum 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays + the option to purchase additional holidays
- Professional Subscription -Fee funded by Amey annually
- Chartership Bonus
- Bonus Eligibility
- Choices - Our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership
- Save with Amey - Our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in. It includes healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers
- Social Value - You'll get 2 Community Involvement Days each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives
and support individuals
to work in ways that work best for them.
We are committed
to working sustainably
and by working in partnership with the communities
we serve, so people and the planet are protected.
At Amey, you have freedom to perform
because we know if nothing holds you back, together, we can be extraordinary.
Who is Amey?
- We are at the heart of modern Britain, helping the economy to grow by designing, maintaining and transforming the nation's strategic assets.
- Our 11,000 people are behind the critical services the country relies on every day.
- We are trusted partners of Government - both national and local - managing assets and complex projects that are vital to the sustainable growth of the country.
To find out more take a look at our website www.amey.co.ukAmey is committed to Inclusion and Diversity
. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com to discuss any access needs and reasonable adjustments that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.Apply today - We are excited to hear from you!
At Amey Consulting, we understand that engineering disciplines are varied, and a similar skill set is required for many roles. If you are interested in progressing your career at Amey and feel you have the correct transferable skill set, but perhaps don't fit all the criteria above, please get in touchby emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Principal Geotechnical Engineer
Job Family: Consulting
Posting advertised: 07 Feb 2023 - 31 Dec 2099