Principal Civil Engineer (Infrastructure)
Apply now Job DescriptionDo you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
We are looking to recruit a talented Principal Civil Engineer to join our growing Infrastructure team in the south-east of England working on a variety of exciting projects for a diverse range of clients and sectors.
The role offers the successful applicant the opportunity to develop their skills and progress their career working as a part of a team of innovative engineers and specialists.
The right candidate shall be able to combine managerial duties and technical delivery, promote a collaborative approach and take a leading role in delivering projects to quality, budget and timescales.
You will be offered, and be expected to take on, a high degree of autonomy and responsibility and able to contribute to further growing the Infrastructure team's profile and work portfolio through successful bidding and enhanced reputation.
The role offers the successful applicant the opportunity to develop their skills and progress their career working as a part of a team of innovative engineers and specialistsCandidate Specification
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Chartered (or Incorporated) Engineer
- Demonstrable experience in the design of highway and civil infrastructure projects
- Ability to work within, and where required, lead a design team, and also able to collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams
- Understanding of the use of design tools within a BIM environment
- Experience of managing programmes and resources, delivering to time and budget
- Experience of supporting preparation of fee proposals
- Ability to undertake the Project Manager role
- Willing to support more junior staff and act as mentor in assisting to develop the Infrastructure teams skill & capability
- Ability to develop client relationships as to help grow the portfolio
- Problem solver, able to offer solutions to challenges
- Confident, articulate, collaborative & proactive
- Eager to learn and to develop their skills and career with training support
We have opportunities available in our Southampton, Norwich, Cambridge, London and Croydon offices. The team operates an agile working policy and we welcome applications from candidates who are looking for a balance of home and office working.
We are actively recruiting a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve. We recognise that differences in ability, skills and experience are a strength and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.Job Profile
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, were helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
Our Buildings & Cities Unit are looking to recruit a talented Principal Civil Engineer to join our growing Infrastructure team in the south-east of England working on a variety of exciting projects for a diverse range of clients and sectors.
The right candidate shall be able to undertake, and depending on experience, manage technical delivery, promote a collaborative approach and take a leading role in delivering projects to quality, budget and timescales.
You will be offered, and be expected to take on, a high degree of autonomy and responsibility and able to contribute to further growing the Infrastructure team's profile and work portfolio through successful project delivery. #LI-AA1Benefits we offer:
Other InformationEquality, diversity and inclusion
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working because life isnt 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at and we will talk to you about how we can assist. Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust. More about Mott MacDonald
Were a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each persons differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence Back to Search Apply now