Senior Maritime Civil Engineer
Apply now Job DescriptionDo you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Depending on grade, you will report to a senior member of the team, as your line manager.
As an experienced technical member of the ports team, you will maintain a high standard of technical capability to deliver various maritime projects and help to guide and develop early career professionals on technical aspects of our projects.
You will collaborate with colleagues in a constructive manner on projects, encouraging a knowledge sharing environment. Mott MacDonald has established a comprehensive set of quality management, health & safety and environmental management procedures and you will conform to these procedures as well as act as a role model for their proper implementation.
In your role you are likely to contribute to the delivery of a number projects concurrently and in doing so, you will be required to plan your work in a structured manner and collaborate with colleagues in addressing the peaks and troughs in resource demand taking account of priorities on their projects as well as your own.
Additionally, youll contribute to bidding and winning work using your knowledge of clients and your understanding of the technical requirements and risks associated with the prospects. In addition to this, you will also assist with the calculation of fees, taking account of commercial risks and opportunities. #LI-AA1Candidate SpecificationRequired for the position of Senior Maritime Engineer;
Personal skills and attributes
- Degree qualified and a chartered member of a relevant institution e.g. MICE.;
- Experience of the design of port and maritime facilities;
- Experienced in the preparation of specifications and contract documentation;
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in written/reporting work;
- Experience in commission management and leading design teams preferable but not essential;
- Knowledge of and some experience of contract administration beneficial;
- Experience of the design of coastal structures beneficial;
- A successful history of undertaking client facing roles
- Ability to contribute to project teams and work well collaboratively, both internally and with clients and external partners;
- Willingness to mentor, manage and develop the skills of other members of the team;
- Enthusiasm and aptitude at dealing with interfaces, including technical, commercial / contractual, and personal / stakeholder;
- A good communicator verbally, and precise and clear in written / reporting work
- Well organised, with strong planning and management skills.
If you meet 80% or more of what were looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didnt know we need.Job Profile
We are growing our regional maritime teams and are looking for a Chartered maritime civil engineer / Senior maritime civil engineer to join our growing maritime team in Scotland and North East England. Where we provide advisory, project management, design and supervisory services to a range of private and public sector clients on a variety of ports and coastal projects.
Recent and current projects include refurbishment and upgrade of linkspans, pier refurbishment works, breakwater works, STAG and OBC studies for new ferry terminals and ferries, long sea outfalls, cooling water intake and outfall systems and redevelopment of a former shipyard site together with general port and coastal engineering.
In addition, across Mott MacDonald we are growing and developing our maritime business on a global basis. As a result, there may be opportunities to provide input to projects in other regions.
#LI-AA1About the business unit
The Buildings and Cities Unit (BNC) has a major presence in Mott MacDonald's regional offices throughout the UK and mainland Europe, providing a wide range of diverse and transferable cross-sector skills across five key Sectors; Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation and Water. We also provide local services to customers and technical leadership to the rest of the Group in these sectors.How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
Other InformationEquality, diversity and inclusion
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working because life isnt 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at and we will talk to you about how we can assist. Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust. More about Mott MacDonald
Were a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each persons differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence Back to Search Apply now