Who are we?
Thames Water is the UKs largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km of pipes , keeping taps flowing and toilets flushing.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to life, so our business is always open.This role will be offering full-time and part-time hours What youll be doing
As part of Thames Waters Capital Delivery department, you will be part of a wider team responsible for building new and upgrading existing infrastructure. Working alongside senior environmental professionals you will support large infrastructure projects from beginning to end, all whilst gaining the expertise needed to:
To be successful you will have to demonstrate the following:
- Identifying the environmental risks associated with capital projects
- Suggest appropriate next steps to manage the risks identified Assist in the production, procurement and sign off required environmental deliverables.
- Highlight opportunities for biodiversity enhancement.
- Ensure projects are delivered sustainably and consider low carbon delivery methods.
- Liaise with environmental regulators to ensure they are satisfied with our activities.
- Identify opportunities where improvements could be made.
- Collaborate with environmental colleagues to ensure a joined up and consistent approach.
- Carry out site visits, inspections, and walkovers with senior colleagues to ensure compliance.
- Work with the project team and provide environmental technical assurance throughout the project lifecycle, including attending progress meetings etc
Whats in it for you?
- Passion for protecting and enhancing the environment.
- Degree level (or equivalent) in an appropriate Environmental/Sustainability discipline.
- Full driving license and access to a vehicle
- IT literate with an awareness of knowledge management.
- demonstrable experience in an environmental or sustainability role
- Ability to make decisions, based upon a mixture of analysis, experience and judgment.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your well-being.
Thames Water is a dynamic, rewarding and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. If you join our team, youll enjoy a fulfilling career and flexible working arrangements.
Were also proud to embrace and promote diversity and believe that creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve will help us to thrive. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process.
Find out more about working at Thames Water
We deliver life's essential service so our customers, communities and the environment can thrive. This means, when a crisis happens, we all rally round to support our customers. As part of Team Thames, youll have the opportunity to sign up to support our customers on the frontline as an Ambassador. Full training will be given for what is undoubtedly an incredibly rewarding experience. Its also a great opportunity to learn more about our business, meet colleagues and a earn bit of extra money along the way.Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we cant consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.