Senior/Principal Structural Engineer Derby Ref MR32 Salary up to £55,000 + Benefits
Our client is well-recognised for its quality Civil & Structural consultancy services across all market sectors. To meet an increasing workload and expanding client base they are currently seeking a Senior Structural Engineer for the Derby office. Candidates need to be Chartered or Incorporated (or near) with the Institute of Structural Engineers or the Institution of Civil Engineers and looking to bring value to a friendly and vibrant team. The successful candidate will need to be well versed in computer analysis and design in all structural materials, have an innovative approach and be able manage projects independently including attending meetings with contractors, architects and clients. The successful candidate will be required to co-ordinate the work of project engineers, graduates and technicians. The bulk of workload focuses on residential, commercial and mixed-use buildings. In order to be considered for this Senior Structural Engineer role you will;
Key Responsibilities for this Senior Structural Engineer role include;
- Be chartered or Incorporated status (or working towards).
- Ability to deliver projects through to completion, and work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Good communication skills.
- Software experience in TEDDS, Tekla Structural Designer, Fastrack Portal Frame, CADS Wall Panel, P Frame and MasterSeries Retaining Wall would be desirable.
- Responsible for working within a team of engineers and technicians in the delivery of civil and structural engineering projects.
- Responsible for co-ordinating delivery of structures
- Responsible for the development and ongoing management of design delivery programmes.
- Responsible for the analysis and design of overall building structures using Design/Analysis software.
- Responsible for managing CAD/Revit technicians to ensure that an appropriate level of design information is included on production information.
- Visiting sites and attending site meetings.
- Involvement in internal and project design meetings.
- Attend external design meetings with clients and other design team members.
- Prepare correspondence and reports.
Skills and Abilities
- Must hold a degree in Structural/Civil Engineering.
- Must hold a professional qualification i.e, MIStructE/MICE/AMIStructE/AMICE or equivalent.
- Must be IT literate with experience of structural design software packages.
For this Senior Structural Engineer role our client is offering;
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise way with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to develop client relationships.
- Marketing and Networking.
- Must hold a valid driving licence
- A competitive salary
- Regular pay reviews
- Pension contribution
- Flexible work arrangements and more!
In order to discuss this Senior Structural Engineer roles and other similar roles within Engineering please call MIKAELA on 01792 365104 or email your CV to Mikaela.Rabaiotti@penguinrecruitment.co.uk