Are you a driven and detail-oriented Civil Designer looking to join an award-winning firm that takes pride in creating stunning public spaces and innovative community projects? Look no further than CLH design!
Our firm, located in the vibrant community of Cary, NC, is seeking a talented Civil Designer with a passion for site design. At CLH, you'll have hands-on experience in all aspects of site design, from grading and erosion control to storm drainage and utilities. Our clients include high-profile community and educational organizations, providing an opportunity to work on projects that make a real impact.
But that's not all! At CLH, we foster a diverse and collaborative culture that's perfect for young and experienced professionals looking to grow and thrive in a team-oriented environment. Plus, we offer a flexible work environment, giving you the freedom to work from home part-time to accommodate your unique needs.
Don't miss out on the chance to join a dynamic and innovative team at CLH. Apply now to take the first step toward an exciting and fulfilling career in site design.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited College/University.
- 2 to 5 years of experience specifically related to site design.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly motivated to successfully interact with clients, regulators, the public and design team members.
- Ability and desire to collaborate with in-house Landscape Architects in small multi-disciplinary teams.
- Must be able to pass a background check and be legally able to work in the United States of America.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform site design from conceptual through construction document phases utilizing AutoCAD software.
- Perform design calculations (water, sewer and storm drainage hydraulic modeling, SCMs, erosion control, etc.) and prepare report figures and exhibits.
- Perform review of drawings, specifications, calculations and other engineering documents.
- Generate correspondence, attend meetings and serve as a point of contact for clients, review agencies, contractors, the public, and design team members.
- Prepare, submit and track required site and utility permits.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and follow highly complex written and oral instructions.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering and utilities operations as applied to the development, design and construction.
- Knowledge of current codes and regulatory standards governing the state’s building construction industry.
- Ability to read, update and maintain various records and files.
- Ability to access, operate and maintain various software applications.
- Ability to clearly communicate information both verbally and in writing.
- Skill in operating various specialized software and office equipment, e.g., large format plotters, AutoCAD-Civil3D, Hydraflow, Bentley WaterCAD, Microsoft Office/Excel.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented office and establish and maintain effective working relationships with departmental personnel, management, contractors, consultants and the general public.
CLH was established in 1993 and specializes in collaborative civil engineering and landscape architecture. We have 23 employees who consist of civil engineers, landscape architects, construction administrators and support staff. We offer an attractive salary/benefits package, including medical, dental, life and Simple IRA with company match, learning opportunities and much more. Interested candidates please send resume to email@example.com.