UK - Hertfordshire - WarePosted Date:
May 26 2023
At GSK's flagship manufacturing site (at Ware, Hertfordshire) we have a fantastic career advancement opportunity for an experienced Electrical Engineer/Engineering Manager to hone and enhance their skills in the pharmaceutical sector has become available. The role is site based, supporting operational and capital engineering teams across a 50 Hectare site.
Reporting to the Utilities and Facilities Operational Engineering Manager, the role holder will be accountable for the quality adherence, safety, compliance of Electrical systems campus wide. These systems are aligned to Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Development and Laboratory facilities.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager with a strong technical underpinning in Electrical systems
. The role exists to deliver professional engineering expertise as a single point of leadership to ensure the demonstrated design, installation and management of asset performance is maintained and continuously improved during the operational lifecycle of the Ware Campus.Electrical Engineering:
The successful candidate will hold the Senior Authorized Person for the site's 11kV HV network of 15 Secondary substations and associated Electrical infrastructure. Accountability for maintaining and operating a safe and reliable High Voltage (HV) & Low Voltage (LV) electrical distribution system for the site (including building control systems, fire detection system, Conveyor systems and intruder protection system).
This element of the job extends to planning and implementing the design, manufacture, installation and/or maintenance of electrical systems and apparatus (eg; data centers, electric motors, machinery controls, lighting, wiring and power systems/devices) for the generation, transmission and control of electric power.Energy Management:
Management and adherence of the site energy regulatory requirements, which include Climate Change Levy and EUETS, MCPD and CHPQa agreements. This element of the role extends to data analysis and reforming energy management platforms. Supporting GSK's ambitious sustainability vision to achieve Carbon Net Zero by 2030, through generation and implementation of various Energy reduction initiatives/programmes (through waste reduction, optimization, substitution, and introduction of new technologies).
Direct reports: 2 to 5 peopleKey Accountabilities (include):
Key Behaviours and Responsibilities (include):
- Act as the Engineering Technical Authority for Electrical Systems and associated Infrastructure on site (ensuring documentation and validation reviews are conducted).
- The Ware Campus is seeing a significant amount of investment in Electrical Distribution and remodelling of existing infrastructure to align to business priorities, seeing multiple large capital asset refreshment programmes in place across the campus. The candidate will hold significant influence in the technical delivery and strategic alignment across these projects.
- Ownership of a range of GSK Global Engineering Standards, responsible for networking across the wider GSK network to senior stakeholders.
- Representing the Utilities and Facilities team across root cause analysis of deviations, including collaborating with various departments (eg; Engineering, Quality, EHS and Production).
- Ownership of asset maintenance strategy on Electrical systems and integrating Continuous Improvement techniques (to further integrate digital and data process analytics to optimize operational effectiveness of the plant).
- Ownership of relevant engineering standards and ensuring compliance and implementation
- Generating technical improvements and project proposals, designs and plans to give optimum investment value to the site. Take ownership of the delivery of those planned engineering works (utilizing aligned resource from embedded service partners and trusted contractors).
- Managing Investigations (ensuring RCA Toolkit is utilized effectively).
- Coach and mentor the Utilities & Facilities (U&F) team (ensure capability and technical development aligns to operational requirements).
- Supporting the wider engineering team with facility expertise and experience to improve capability and knowledge.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with third party service partners and external specialist companies.
We are committed to ensuring our engineering team at Ware is inclusive and everyone is able to achieve their full potential. We are open to this role being filled on a Full Time or Job Share basis. Please indicate in your covering letter if this is something you would like to discuss this further.Closing Date for Applications: Monday 12th of June 2023 (COB).Basic Qualifications / Experience
- Experience of providing specialist technical expertise across an organisation in the field of Electrical Engineering
- Experience in providing technical stewardship on the execution of capital projects and infrastructure investment programmes.
- Time served Authorized Person on 11kv Electrical distribution networks
- Bachelor's degree in Power/ Electrical Engineering Discipline or related field.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's degree in Power/ Electrical Engineering Discipline or related field.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered status with the IET or equivalent institution
- Proficient in the use of SAP computerised maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Experience with managing suppliers and third-party contractors.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose - to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together - so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns - as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it's also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We're committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to neurodiversity, race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Should you require any adjustments to our process to assist you in demonstrating your strengths and capabilities contact us on Ukdiversity.email@example.com or 0808 234 4391. Please note should your enquiry not relate to adjustments, we will not be able to support you through these channels
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.