Chartered Structural Engineer (Buildings) Liverpool Ref MR06 Salary up to £55,000 plus benefits
This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced Chartered Structural Engineer to join a successful, well-established, civil and structural engineering Consultancy based in Liverpool. Our client is well-known locally for its innovative design solutions and the types of projects they would tend to get involved in would encompass residential, commercial, industrial, and mixed-use building structures. Working as a Chartered Structural Engineer you will;
Key skills & experience required for this Chartered Structural Engineer role;
- Assist in leading and developing project teams, supervising and training engineers and technicians.
- You will be closely involved in the mentoring, appraisal, and development of engineers
- Liaise and attend meetings with clients, architects, subcontractors and other professionals whilst carrying out duties and at all times representing the business in a professional and courteous way.
- Support teams to undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary.
- Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with operational procedures and in support of technical excellence.
- Promote design approaches that enhance the sustainability and minimise environmental impact of projects.
- Ensure project designs comply with all relevant statutory requirements to deliver best practice.
For this Chartered Structural Engineer role our client is offering;
- Post-qualification experience in structural engineering design.
- Chartered or Incorporated (or near) Structural Engineer.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to develop new and existing client relationships as well as win new business.
- Good relationship builder.
- Previous experience working in a small-medium sized consultancy
- A good understanding of the UK construction market.
- Proven ability to lead, inspire and motivate individuals.
- The ability to think strategically and to solve technical problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant technical legislation and design guidance best practice.
- Proficient in the use of design tools such as Tedds, Tekla, Revit, Masterseries
- A passion for innovative design
- Versatile, motivated and self-driven
- Experience working on residential and commercial buildings
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Private health care
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Death in Service benefit
- Initial 25 days holiday (3 held for the Christmas period)
- Additional holiday can be accrued in accordance with the number of years services, up to a total of 28 days
- The option to bank, buy or sell holiday each year after one years' service
- Flexible working (3 days in the office 2 at home)
- Paid professional membership
- Regular CPD seminars held in house (with lunch provided)
- Regular social events organised and funded by the company throughout the year
Our client has a friendly and supportive working environment, which has resulted in good morale and a low staff turnover.
In order to discuss this Chartered Structural Engineer role and other similar roles in building structures engineering please call MIKAELA
on or email your CV to