Vertical Transportation - Site Services Senior or Principal Engineer - (1534)
Vertical Transportation - Site Services Senior or Principal Engineer
Hoare Lea -> Specialist Group -> Vertical Transportation
Vertical Transportation - Site Services Senior or Principal Engineer.
London or Manchester.
Competitive Salary + Benefits.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Vertical Transportation Senior or Principal Engineer to join our firm, based in London or Manchester.
Working alongside the Team Leader and other Engineers, you will be responding to our clients' needs, overseeing site progress, testing and commissioning activities, surveying existing equipment, developing and producing reports, specifications and guidance. We work closely as a team to ensure we achieve the best results and deliver a consistent high-quality service for our clients.
You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and internationally. Dependent on experience, you will take the lead on small projects, and support larger projects, with values of £200million+. Projects span across sectors including Residential, Science & Research, Commercial, Retail and Further Education.
Exciting projects to get involved in:
- The Madison - residential tower in London.
- Southbank Place, London.
- Lloyd's of London.
- Plumtree Court.
- Major City of London refurbishment projects.
- Super-prime residential projects in London.
+ many more
Hoare Lea is an award-winning engineering consultancy with a creative team of engineers, designers and technical specialists. We provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings.
Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, we provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
Hoare Lea has joined Tetra Tech's High Performance Buildings Group, a global alliance of MEP firms.
Why Work For Us?
You'll collaborate with the industry's best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists.
You'll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors.
You'll advance your career, your way, thanks to our structured Career Paths framework.
What We Are Looking For
The skill sets and experience detailed below are to be applicable to the level of candidate applying for the role:
• Industry recognised qualifications or ideally NVQ 3 in lift engineering
• Practical knowledge of lifts, escalators and moving walks
• Good IT knowledge
• High level of understanding of VT Engineering and practical application of codes and standards
• Previous consultancy or contracting experience in some or all of the following: VT Design & Specification, Surveying & Reporting, Project Management, Commissioning and Validation, Facilities Management.
• Able to lead projects; managing your own resource and deadlines. (dependent on level of experience)
• Appreciation of client needs, and able to communicate with architect, property developers, building managers and other design team members.
• Team player with a can-do attitude, willingness to help others and eager to learn.
• Autonomous approach with minimal need for supervision. (dependent on level of experience)
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
• Private medical scheme
• Life Assurance
• Income protection
• Electric car scheme (senior engineer) or travel allowance (principal)
• 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
• Contributory pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
• Season Ticket Loans
• Professional membership subscription
• 9-day fortnight - the firm offers all employees the option to work a 9-day fortnight
• Hybrid Working - activity-based approach
• Employee stock purchase plan - a voluntary program which allows eligible employees to purchase Tetra Tech common stock at a 15% discount
• Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
• Study Assistance
• Cycle to work scheme
• Employee Referral Scheme
• Sabbatical Leave
• Other flexible benefits include gym and retail discounts, travel & dental insurance and GAYE (Give as you Earn)
• Flexible working - We're happy to discuss flexible working. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage
How to apply
To apply simply complete a CV profile and submit your application, or for further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our commitment to data privacy
We have updated our terms and conditions for candidates, to find out more please click on the link below:
Equal opportunities statement
Hoare Lea is committed to ensuring that the most suitably qualified and experienced candidates are appointed to positions within the firm on the basis of job-related criteria.
Reasonable adjustments statement
"We're proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunities employer, and we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. If you have a disability that might affect your performance at any stage of the recruitment process, please let us know about any help or reasonable adjustments as soon possible before any interview or assessment. We'll work with you to make sure any appropriate support is in place."