Around the world, SYSTRA's specialists plan, design, integrate, test, commission, project manage and deliver mass transit and mobility solutions that are relied on by more than 50 million people every day.
For more than 60 years, the Group has been committed to helping cities and regions contribute to their development by creating, improving and modernising their transport infrastructure with sustainability, accessibility and innovation at the heart of our designs. With over 8,250 colleagues globally and around 1000 in the UK & Ireland we are growing significantly and seeking out the very best talent to join the SYSTRA signature team and be part of leading the way in infrastructure design. SYSTRA
are looking to expand our Signature Team in the UK, working on high profile infrastructure projects such as TRUe and HS2, we are building on our 50 years of success in the UK by growing our team and looking for passionate people to deliver projects across our portfolio.
We are now seeking to strengthen and grow our Engineering team in our Birmingham office, but with extensive flexibility to work from home,by recruiting an experienced Principal Geotechnical Engineer.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a range of experience within the Civil Engineering/Transportation/Infrastructure sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate Principal Geotechnical Engineer to further their career in a highly motivated and inspirational environment.Main Duties
- Lead design production and excellence within the discipline team
- Provide technical guidance to discipline design teams
- Lead innovative solutions to design problems
- Accountable for the design team, recruitment, training and development of staff
- Accountable for the allocation of work to designers including utilisation
- Integrate with international technical networks in the delivery of designs.
- Lead technical delivery of design discipline production to agreed programme, budget and safety and quality specifications
- Responsible for the delivery of CDM and design compliances
- Significant previous experience in Geotechnical Engineering is required, with experience in the delivery ofinfrastructure projects.
- Experience in geotechnical engineering, engineering geology and geo-environmental engineering
- Detailed experience in earthwork design, ground improvement, foundations, retaining structures and slope stability assessments
- Degree (or equivalent) in Geotechnical Engineering or related field
- Chartered Engineer MICE/ Geologist Cgeol/ MIMMM/ MISSMGE
- Experience in management, procurement, supervision and interpretation of ground investigations
- Experience in client development
In return, we offer a very competitive salary with a comprehensive and attractive benefits package with opportunities for flexible working and career development. Why SYSTRA?
Our three core values: Excellence, Connected Teams and Bold Leadership are kept at the heart of everything we do. We strive for the highest levels of technical excellence, achieving the best results through teamwork, both locally and internationally, and reward innovative thinking through encouraging all colleagues to think as leaders. We offer clear and well supported pathways for career development and qualification attainment, a competitive remuneration package including a bonus and private healthcare, an electric car scheme and a broad suite of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle. Flexibility
Because we value who you are as much as what you do, we want you to feel supported at work. We offer hybrid working, balancing the benefits of working from home with time in our modern, well-equipped offices for that crucial in-person contact, team development and collaborative working. We also recognise that life doesn't always run to the same schedule for everyone, so we have a dedicated flexible working policy to support you in tailoring your work life to reach your full potential, for more details on this, please get in touch. Diversity & Inclusion
We provide a warm welcome and encourage applications from a diverse range of people who can enrich our company and offer perspectives which will drive better solutions in a truly inclusive environment. Our employee led working groups and clearly defined strategy help us to keep at the leading edge of important issues and keep us accountable. We want our colleagues to feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work and continually seek new ideas and contributions to ensure we continue to grow and develop in this space. Wellbeing
It's no surprise that people do their best work when they feel physically and mentally supported. Our SYSTRA Wellness Programme offers a wide range of support; from Wellness champions, to free health checks, healthy eating workshops and regular seminars, alongside access to a wide range of external support. We offer two paid days for charity work and an ever-growing social calendar.
Apply and find out more about how Systra can support you in your career journey. If you require any adjustments to support you in your application or interview process please email:
where your request will be treated confidentially and with respect. We pledge to offer an interview to any candidates with a disability who apply for a role and meet the minimum criteria.
As we are always looking to expand our team, we would still be interested in hearing from you if you fulfil most, but not all, of the relevant criteria for the role - you could still be just what we are looking for.