We are looking for for a Civil/Structural Project Engineer in Chorley.
This is a permanent position paying £50,000 - £55,000 per annum, plus 25 days holiday, bank holidays and pension. Responsibilities -
Carry out all civil & structural engineering functions necessary to develop and produce suitable design solutions and documentation ensuring compliance with the project requirements.Duties and Responsibilities -
The role requires the co-ordination of each projects civil and structural elements. This may include but not be limited to: -
Detailed requirements -
- Collating loadings from equipment and structures
- Providing principle setting out and co-ordinate information
- Liaising with internal and external civil designers and thereafter co-ordinating, reviewing, filing, transmitting design information
- Producing layouts, schemes and schedules, producing and reviewing specifications for work packages Liaising with contractors.
- Occasional site setting out
- The role is office based with occasional days on site
Skills and Abilities -
- At the commencement of a contract a team of engineers are allocated and within that team one project engineer is nominated to be the Lead Project Engineer with a number of project engineers working alongside to assist. Nomination of a Lead Project Engineer will vary from project to project depending on the project requirements and the individuals experience in that field.
- Producing designs in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Management of sub-contractor design input including preparing purchase requisitions, preparing specifications, design and document review, change control.
- Produce reports as requested by the Project Manager.
- Ensure that the Company Policy and Procedures Manual is adhered to for all defined activities including CDM, design risk assessment, drawing registration, filing, change control and specification.
- Co-operating with others both internally and externally to promote and achieve the objectives of the Quality Management Plan.
- Undertake any other duties that could reasonably be expected of a senior member of staff.
- The engineering design of the project works as well as client liaison and approvals as directed by the appointed Project or Engineering Manager.
- Working within the engineering team appointed, consisting of other Project Engineers, Project Designers, Structural Engineers (internal or external) and others.
- Identifying with other members of staff the list of engineering documents required for the project and ensuring they are correctly prepared, completed, distributed and filed.
- Controlling and recording design change as directed. Supporting the appointed Project Manager and/ or Lead Project Engineer in the civil & structural areas of design, including progress meetings and construction.
- To produce designs and to formally review the drawings and design work of other staff or contractors.
- To conduct/assist with site surveys and inspections.
- To ensure information both incoming and outgoing is filed, and the necessary transmittals produced and filed.
- To assist with elements of proposals work where previous experience or knowledge is relevant.
- Working and communicating as part of a cohesive team.
- Mentoring junior and/ or less experienced team members.
- The role is likely to require some travel and time away from home, attending meetings with clients and/ or sub-contractors etc, and this is reflected in your salary.
- Minimum of HNC in Civil Engineering and a time served apprenticeship
- Experience in a similar role with a familiarity and appreciation of the civil/structural engineering and construction sectors, tend to specialize in, but not restricted to, the process plant design for the cement/concrete, mines/quarrying, waste to energy, ports, chemical and mineral industries.
- Broadly proficient in MS office suite.
- Experienced in engineering design software such as AutoCAD or similar drawing package, 3D package knowledge such as TEKLA, although not essential is an advantage.
- Basic understanding of the grid co-ordinate systems and the knowledge to process this information and issue to subcontractors and to site, for 'others' to set out ensuring that each element is constructed in the right position and to the correct level.
- Able to produce civil works GA's for issue to the Client for approval, relevant subcontractors and to site covering the following: * site topography to set levels * electrical requirements (ducting/trenching) * foundations for structures from information provided by the mechanical team * load tables provided by the structural engineers
- CCNSG is a company requirement and attendance on the necessary courses will be required when provided by the company
If this role could be of interest please call Shannon at GPW Recruitment or press apply now