Engineer (Civil or Electrical)
Urenco; trusted, long-term supplier to the nuclear industry, specialising in safe, cost effective and reliable uranium enrichment services, are looking for a Civil Engineer on a contract basis (inside IR35), to be based in Capenhurst near Chester. In this contract position, you will provide discipline specific engineering services within the Engineering department to ensure the delivery of safe, cost effective projects. Undertake activities across the project/engineering cycle, including requirements capture, optioneering, design delivery, review/approval of design deliverables, management of installation/construction, testing/commissioning and handover. Also provide technical guidance and support in areas of expertise.
Specific know how and technical skills
• Understanding and application of up to date industrial practices related to discipline-specific engineering, including safety through design.
• Working knowledge of other Engineering disciplines, technologies, plant systems and processes that are present in Urenco.
• Working knowledge of international and UK standards relating to engineering and design related to discipline-specific engineering within the nuclear industry.
• Appreciation of current health and safety legislation.
• Excellent IT skills including Windows and Microsoft applications, Documentum and SAP.
• Ability to use or learn to use specialist software packages (e.g. system modeling packages).
• Capable of producing high quality technical documentation including functional and technical specifications and project documentation.
• Ability to maintain and develop own technical knowledge to ensure the best, cost effective and safe solutions are proposed and implemented.
• Ability to assess problems, feasibility and develop practical solutions.
• Capable of exercising authority in the control of contractors and suppliers.
Good communication, reporting, presentation, negotiation and customer facing skills.
DELIVERY OF DESIGN AND ENGINEERING SUPPORT IN ACCORDANCE WITH DEFINED STANDARDS AND PROCEDURES
Providing a project and design service to Project Managers as required, in accordance with specified standards. Provide information and attend project meetings. Preparation of relevant design documents in accordance with Urenco design procedures, safety case and nuclear site license requirements.
ACCOUNTABLE AS INTELLIGENT CUSTOMER FOR EXTERNAL DELIVERY OF DESIGN AND EQUIPMENT/INSTALLATION
Produce appropriate specifications for contractors and manage their delivery
Controls/supervises activities of contractors (up to 20 personnel, 5 external consultants), including Method Statements and Risk Assessments to ensure work carried out is to specification, on time, and compliant with Urenco procedures
ACCOUNTABLE TO PROJECT MANAGER FOR DELIVERY OF SCHEDULE AND COST
Developing achievable project plans and schedules such that the proposed improvements and projects can be delivered in a safe and cost effective way. Providing timely and cost effective project design solutions to address the requirements of the customers, jointly developed user requirements specifications and project plans.
PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY FOR CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Actively manage and record CPD from on-the-job training and any external learning, in order to provide robust evidence for professional registration/membership and SQEP.
• Degree in relevant discipline-specific Engineering.
• Incorporated or Chartered status preferred, although having an action plan in place to achieve one of these would be acceptable.
• Good understanding of Engineering and Construction design/controls within the Nuclear Licensed site arena.
• Completion of Engineering-based graduate scheme (3-4 years) or equivalent, followed by significant demonstrable experience within a heavily regulated industry.
Please be aware that this contract position is subject to passing:
• Security Clearance
• Medical, drug and alcohol tests
At Urenco, everyone is welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where we all have a voice, and you can feel confident being yourself. ?We're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. ?We'd like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
Engineer (Civil or Electrical)