Salary - £47,276 - £60,361 + car and great benefitsLocation - Cranbrook, Exeter with regular travel
At E.ON UK we offer sustainable energy solutions for homes, businesses and communities and we're passionate about helping people to reduce their impact on the environment. We're supporting businesses with their net zero targets, helping local communities upgrade their homes and collaborating with local authorities to transform towns and cities for a more sustainable future.
Right now, we're looking for a Lead Engineer to join our Southwest team. Here you'll complete maintenance activities through a balance of hands-on and managing appropriate resources, for all mechanical, electrical and C&I issues that impact/are likely to impact on production. You'll assist the Energy Centre Manager to understand and predict maintenance issues so that all plans accommodate suitable engineering resolutions, ensuring all maintenance plans are managed via the maintenance management system.
This is a substantial role with the scope to make a real impact. If you're a talented engineer give your career an energy boost and apply today!Key responsibilities include
What we need from you
- Providing technical advice and assisting the Energy Centre Manager in the development and delivery of the site maintenance plan.
- Identification, development and implementation of plant improvements.
- Carrying out planned / unplanned plant maintenance, in line with skill and expertise.
- Analysis of plant issues, providing recommendations to the Energy Centre Manager.
- Ensuring accurate records of maintenance work to support the future maintenance strategy are maintained.
- Contribute to the site Safety, Health and the Environment (SHE) plans and safety initiatives.
- Supporting and mentoring trainees and other junior members of staff.
- Managing Contracts and Contractors - scheduling, defining, reviewing, and dealing with performance issues.
- Ensure that contract records, drawings, maintenance records and plant history records are kept up to date.
- Contribute to the management of the site stock holding of consumables and operational/strategic spares.
- Support the delivery of the business excellence programme.
- Promote a positive safety culture and personally demonstrate a full commitment to SHE through words and actions.
It would be great if you had
- Educated to NVQ Level 3, or equivalent, along with significant expertise in general engineering principles and a specialist skill area - C&I, Mechanical or Electrical.
- The ability to innovate and appropriately challenge existing processes to improve efficiency.
- A willingness to develop the site by looking for best practise and ways to improve the plant operational and commercial performance.
- An IOSH (Managing Safely) or equivalent qualification, demonstrating a clear knowledge of safety practices and management.
- The capability and willingness to achieve E.ON's required competency levels of Authorised Engineer.
- Competent in hazard identification, risk assessment and management of risks.
- A working knowledge of PC based computer systems and maintenance/information management systems.
- Planning and organisational skills to include effective task prioritisation and resource management.
- An understanding of operational practices and procedures and the ability to recognise and diagnose problems, by evaluating information and data to draw conclusions and make decisions.
Here's what you need to know
- Forklift truck driving experience.
- Previous contract management experience to appropriately challenge contractors on the methods, quality and standards of work.
- HV Senior Authorised Person.
· The salary for this role is £47,276 - £60,361.
· This role is based from our Cranbrook Energy Centre with regular travel to our other Energy Centres within the Southwest.
· This role comes with a company car/allowance of £5,700.
· This is a permanent role.
· Our market-leading benefits package includes 26 days holiday + bank holidays, a generous pension scheme, life cover, bonus and the chance to choose from 20 flexible benefits with tax and/or NI savings. In fact, our benefits package recently won the Personnel Today Reward, Recognition and Benefits Award 2022!
· As the only energy company to feature in The Inclusive Top 50 UK Employers (our 2022/23 ranking is 15th) we've proven that we're committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.
· As a Disability Confident Employer, we interview every disabled applicant who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
· We've exciting opportunities for everyone to develop their talent at E.ON. Our open access, inclusive talent networks provide networking, learning and development for all, building your skills, qualifications, and capabilities throughout your career. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.