Following several project wins in 2022 we have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious team player to join our Geotechnical Engineering team in Edinburgh or Glasgow.
The Geotechnical Engineering team provide a wide range of geotechnical design services across all project stages including feasibility studies, ground investigations, geotechnical interpretation, preliminary and detailed design, and construction supervision for geotechnical works. As part of the growing geotechnical team you will also contribute to and support the strategic growth within the renewables infrastructure market across Scotland and supporting the multi-disciplinary Northern Ireland business within RPS. About RPS:
We're RPS, our projects are all around you. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Our people are our success. We need people who share our passion on solving the problems that matter. Here you'll find work that is challenging and rewarding, and you'll be supported every step of the way. What you'll be doing:
Who we're looking for:
- Working with a high degree of independence candidates will have day to day responsibility for the geotechnical input to projects, ensuring technical quality and adherence to allocated budget and programme
- Support to the Senior team members in project delivery, work winning and maintaining high levels of client satisfaction
- Active input to team and client meetings, being prepared to explain decisions and put forward alternative ideas and concepts
- Assisting with preparation of fee proposals and proposals for internal and external clients.
- Overseeing and undertaking geotechnical design (Earthworks, piling, seepage etc.)
- Overseeing and preparing, a wide range of technical documents including Desk Studies, Interpretative reports, specifications, construction drawings and Design reports
- Undertaking site inspections/supervision to confirm compliance with the Specification for the works
- Developing the less experienced members of the team
What's in it for you?
- BEng/MEng in Civil Engineering or BSc/MSc in Engineering Geology or Earth Science with an Engineering Masters.
- Membership of appropriate body (i.e. Institution of Civil Engineers/Geological Society) and nearing chartered status
- Experience of working within a geotechnical consultancy/Contractor in the UK
- Relevant experience, knowledge and skills of geotechnical engineering/geology principals and practice including planning and supervising ground investigations, completing geotechnical design, undertaking geotechnical reporting and preparation of contract drawings, specifications and schedules in compliance with appropriate standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write clear and concise technical reports and documents.
- Strong analytical skills and possess strong problem solving and inter-personal skills, working closely and collaboratively with colleagues and clients in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and organise workload to ensure project timescales are met
- Full driving licence. Candidates should be willing to travel within the UK & Ireland.
We're an accredited training provider - from entry level to master's degree level professional qualifications in leadership & management and executive coaching & mentoring, we support learning and development for everyone.
A personal development plan and a transparent career pathway puts you in the driving seat of your career and you'll be supported as far as you want to go.
We encourage and value different ideas, perspectives, and styles of thinking. We need a mix of experiences and skills to develop the most innovative ideas. We respect one another and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. You'll be joining a diverse community and a company that puts its people first and prioritises their wellbeing.
We understand the need to work flexibly, with agile offices and hybrid working offered as standard, we're happy to talk about flexible working. This is a workplace that works for you.
A career here is far from ordinary. Here you're not a number.
#LI-RM1 #LI-HYBRID #LI-REMOTE Our commitment to Diversityand Inclusion
Mindful that a truly inclusiveorganization must make appropriate use of talent on a global basis and withoutunnecessary barriers, we are committed to embedding diversity and inclusionprinciples in all People processes in order to be as diverse as the communitiesand clients we work with, thereby securing, developing, and retaining the bestavailable talent for the company's future.
Our approach to Diversityand inclusion
Our people live our purpose,deliver our promise, and demonstrate our behaviours every day. Our behavioursdefine who we are. Developed by our people, they underpin everything that wedo. They create the memorable experiences we are known for and make RPS a greatplace to do great work.
‘Stronger Together' is one ofour five core behaviours and it is inherent in creating an inclusive workplace:
‘We are respectful,acknowledge diversity, and recognise the potential and contribution ofeveryone. We bring out the best in one another, always assuming best intent.People who learn and grow thrive in our business, sharing in our success.'
We have a Preferred Supplier List oftrusted partners to assist us when required and do not acknowledge anyspeculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies not onthis list. Please refer to the careers page on our website if you require anyfurther information.