Sapphire Utility Solutions are looking for a Civil / Infrastructure Design Engineer
We are looking to recruit an experienced Civil / Infrastructure engineer with a number of years experience in civil engineering design experience in the UK water industry. The candidate should be technically proficient, able to work with own initiative, possess a high level of independence and have excellent communication skills. They will undertake a design role on projects, managing and producing design output and providing written reports to clients and senior management.
Core Duties and Responsibilities;
- Undertake detailed design work on below ground wastewater and clean water infrastructure projects for water company clients.
- Agree design philosophy / design fundamentals
- Allocating and managing CAD output from technicians
- To be aware of work requirements and take personal responsibility in delivering this to agreed time, cost and quality requirements.
- Assisting the Project Managers to ensure the delivery of projects on time and to budget.
- Represent the company at meetings with clients, contractors and fellow professionals
- Undertaking site visits to gather information and data.
- Liaison with Statutory service providers
- Documentation and drawing reviews
- Liaison with clients, design teams and contractors
Key Skills Knowledge and Experience will include;
- Knowledge and experience of wastewater and clean water infrastructure design including attenuation design and flow balancing.
- Good appreciation of design delivery, health, safety and environmental processes.
- Ability to undertake multiple projects simultaneously
- Good numerical, analytical and IT skills.
- The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in clear English.
- Experience with AutoCAD beneficial
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Full UK driving licence
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Effective negotiation and persuading skills, able to manage and diffuse challenging situations
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solution
Benefits to include :
Car Allowance or Company Car
Pension + Death in Service
25 days holidays + Bank